Idiot Proof Diet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:11 pm    Post subject: Idiot Proof Diet Reply with quote

Hi all,

Has anyone tried the Idiot Proof Diet?

It's one of those plans where you drop some weight pretty quickly and then once it's gone you maintain it.

any thoughts?

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't say for sure because I can't find anywhere where you can actually read the diet before you purchase it, but I don't think I would put much faith in it. From what I can see, you're supposed to follow a pretty strict rotation of foods, like one day is high-carb, the next day is high-protein, and so forth, with some "days off" in between. That's one of the signs of a fad to me--- if there really was any scientific basis for eating in certain combinations for weight loss, it'd be much more common knowledge and not something that you can only find out by paying for a .pdf download. There also seems to be no emphasis on exercise and that makes me just plain not trust it.

From a purely "what I found on search engines" standpoint... it seems like every single site that has any info at all on this diet either is a paid-membership site, OR has nothing but glowing reviews. Makes me suspicious. Check the boards here (or on ediets or atkins.com or anywhere similar) and you'll see a bunch of posts from frustrated folks, people who need some extra support, etc. It makes me really suspicious when I can't find any negative comments at all on the support sites for this diet. But I did find a ton of negatives at Yahoo answers!

Bottom line... it sounds pretty fishy to me!
backer

Total Posts: 476

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As with all fad diet I am very cautious.I tend top think I would rather not be an idoit.they are without fail tempoary measures that you cant keep up in the long run.

I have counted to infinity twice
smp314

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: idiot proof diet Reply with quote

I tried it and it does work! It is NOT hard to maintain, you just have to be smart about what you eat. When I was in maintenance mode, I would eat REALLY bad occasionally, but not often. I basically followed the rules during the week and ate whatever I wanted on the weekends (Fri - Sun). I kept it off until I gave it up completely. I didn't lose as much as they claimed... only about 4-5 lbs per 2 week cycle, but that was still amazing results if you ask me. And I was in my skinny jeans within 1 month.
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that just begs the question..........Why aren't you just doing that now?

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
rjscroggins

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Question Reply with quote

I thought about trying this diet. However their site says that you are eligible for 50% off, but this is not reflected when you go to pay for it. For me this is the first sign there might be a problem with this website. I have decided not to give them my information. Anyone else have this issue?
ashleyb2584

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: i love this diet! Reply with quote

this diet is a miracle sent from god! i have been on it for 7 days now and i have lost 6 lbs., i think everyone should try this! its amazing! Very Happy
irishok

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting, that everyone, who supports the diet in this topic, has a total of 1 posts... I don't think they are so reliable.

If you want it, so you should.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1023

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice catch irish! You're probably right Smile

CSL-Bailey
Wink
tanyabsam

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:29 am    Post subject: It works. Reply with quote

I don't have time for several replies. Therefore, this may be my only reply. I don't twitter and all that stuff. I am taking out the time to let you know that this diet definitely worked for me. I kept the weight off for two years. Of course, any diet has to be followed with a lifestyle change. I went back to old habits after two years. I did the diet over the summer for two weeks.
irishok

Total Posts: 5

PostPosted: Fri Mar 26, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm not here to decide, if you lost weight or not with this diet - I just find it interesting that you can't really read truly reliable opinions about it.

If you want it, so you should.
rogerparco113

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:01 pm    Post subject: eDiets Reply with quote

Has anyone tried the eDiets program? And I agree, Marathon runners should just keep running to burn calories. But, they still need to watch what the eat. They can still get fat if they eat TOO MUCH!

http://www.dietplanstolose.com/coupons/edietscouponsandpromocodes/
CherryPaulson

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can`t see them maintaining it...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com