ice cream     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose
View previous topic :: View next topic  
littlewitch12003

Total Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: ice cream Reply with quote

i am so proud of myself ice cream is my down fall and today i had the will power to turn it down and eat a small salad instead...........yippy Very Happy

elaine
frazzledmom1968

Total Posts: 109

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey little,
Wow, that is wonderful. I must admit ice cream has been a massive challenge for me.... especially given the heat here lately... and I have not been able to turn it down. So way to go, for you doing so !!!!!! I wish I were able to do that, even some of the time.
Congrats!! Very Happy

frazzledmom1968 aka wondermom
littlewitch12003

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:19 pm    Post subject: one scoop Reply with quote

my hubby was like one scoop won't hurt ,i said yeah but then there will be one more and one more......lol so i said no thanks Very Happy

elaine
desireemars

Total Posts: 44

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 6:30 pm    Post subject: Ice cream addiction Reply with quote

My most challenging food is ice cream. I found an ok substitute, though - throw some 1% milk, ice cubes, frozen fruit, and Spenda into a blender and whip it up into a healthy shake. If you use enough ice cubes, it will be thick and you can fool yourself into thinking you're eating ice cream. Squirt some diet whipped cream on top. There are all sorts of things you can make in a blender to replace icream. Use ingredients like coffee, sugarfree chocolate syrup, sugarfree flavorings, nonfat yogurt, fresh fruit, etc.
littlewitch12003

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:48 pm    Post subject: thanks Reply with quote

thanks for the idea that sounds great Very Happy

elaine
icandoit2

Total Posts: 41

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 7:43 pm    Post subject: diet fudgescicles are pretty good Reply with quote

Those diet fudgescicles are prety good. I find that if I deny myself too many things for too long, I break down and have more, where as if, I had only a little (like the diet fudgescicle) I am satisfied.

Maritza
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are some very good protein powders on the market that you can make as a shake or as a pudding. Occasionally I'll mix one of the pudding mixes (there's an awesome chocolate cherry one) and put it in the freezer for about 10 minutes. It comes out very dense, almost like frozen cake frosting. Mmmmmm!
artisteyes

Total Posts: 289

PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Chocolate treat only 95 calories. Reply with quote

Almost every night I have this fantastic treat. I take those fatfree chocolate pudding snack cups and put it in a bowl. Then I heat it a little in the microwave, not too long. Then I plop some fatfree Cool Whip on top and it is absolutely delish! The pudding is 80 calories, the CoolWhip is 15. Eat it sloowwwwwww, lasts a long time.

OwlShoes

Total Posts: 75

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:52 am    Post subject: big jump Reply with quote

it cannot be denied that a jump as big as going from icecream to a salad deserves a standing ovation. The long-jump olympics have been conquered.
good job!

Oh, please please please, Julia, get your act together and stick to your resolutions.....
amy.big.girl

Total Posts: 15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: mmm ice cream Reply with quote

when i have a craving for ice cream i know have 2 scoops of an ice cream called the skinny cow... we have it over in the uk 2 scoops is about 80 cals and its soo nice they do all different flavours and some have choclate sauce!

http://www.skinnycow.com/products_index.php
002Rati

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you should be renamed from amy.big.girl to amy.better.girl! Congrats! And it is good that you have been able to find a satisfactory substitute for your self-proclaimed downfall. Because let's face it well all know that there are going to be times when that salad-swap idea just does not cut it and having Skinny cow to fall back on is a wonderful plan! Keep up the great work !!!
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile or amy.you.go.girl !!!!
lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See Amy! I'm not the only one that wants you to change your name!!! Call yourself something positive!

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just so everyone knows, ice cream is the one thing you can eat that will help you put on weight FAST. So if you do eat it make sure it is fat free por yogurt and that you only eat about a half cup and stop with that. Part of the reason I gained all the weight I did was eating ice cream sundaes every night I worked for nearly 4 years. Bad, bad, bad!!

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Jenlovesmicah

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 12:30 am    Post subject: ice cream Reply with quote

Congrats! ice cream is like crack for me (no I've never done crack)... I don't know what I'd do without splenda, skim milk and my blender... ok, I'd probably cry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 100 Pounds and More to Lose Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com