Itís a New Year and a New YOU! Leave unrealistic resolutions behind and instead focus on doable, health-oriented goals and gifts to yourself. Weíve come up with a list of fun and healthy ideas for you to focus on this upcoming year.
1. Buy yourself a personal training session to get you motivated and fit. Better yet, buy package for two and invite a friend or spouse.
2. Take a cooking class or a series of cooking classes that focus on healthy and easy recipes.
3. Clean out your kitchen- itís much easier to whip up a healthy meal when youíre organized.
4. Treat yourself to a healthy shopping trip and stock up on healthy staples. Let a recipe or two inspire you
5. Buy flavorful treats without the extra calories. Try gourmet coffee or herbal teas and enjoy a cup after dinner in place of dessert
(Tip continues below)
6. Add a little spice to your life and buy an assortment of spices and herbs. Herbs and spices add instant flavor without the salt and fat.
7. Buy yourself cooking gadgets that inspire healthy cooking such as a nice salad bowl and tongs, oil mister, air popcorn popper, salad spinner or rice steamer
8. Buy a healthy cookbook that appeals to your tastes and preferences and make it a goal to try one new recipe per week
9. Buy yourself a new workout outfit and strut your stuff!
10. Create your own home gym by purchasing a stability ball, mat, light weights and an exercise DVD.