It’s time to kick-start your weight loss and fat-burning power with some activities of daily living! Don’t think of it as “Exercise” – think of it as “Moving more”!
Ready to lace up and get moving? There are strategies to help you get fit at your own pace and for your own fitness level! Start off easy and set a “Move More Mini-Goal!”
Here are some everyday ideas to help you move more, burn calories, and increase your stamina!
(Tip continues below)
1. Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
2. Park car farther away from your destination.
3. Get off bus or train one stop earlier and walk.
4. Walk up and down escalators.
5. Walk to a co-worker's office instead of emailing.
6. Convert coffee breaks into walking breaks.
7. Pace while talking on the phone (using cordless phone or long handset cord).
8. Take a walk while waiting at the airport or for an appointment.
9. Walk to do your errands instead of drive.
10. When unloading groceries, carry one bag at a time into the house.
11. Walk your child to school.
12. Hide your television remote control.
13. Work in your garden (mowing, raking, weeding, digging, etc).
14. Wash the car yourself instead going to the car wash.
15. Do your own housework (scrubbing, mopping, dusting, polishing, etc).
Print off this list and try to do at least two or three of these every day this week. Don’t forget to enter them into your exercise tracker!