Hello Diet.com members! Cooper here. I'm the Diet Doc's pet pooch.
Normally Diet.com's Medial Director writes you this weekly set of tips, but this week I decided to take the reins - or leash, as the case may be - and fill you in on the best fitness partner that you never knew you had: your loyal dog!
I may be a cute-looking canine (a Havanese actually), but I do know a thing or two about healthy living. After all, I am the Diet Doc's dog!
Anyway, please check out Cooper's 5 ways your dog can help you get fit this spring and summer. I promise my bite is worse than my advice:
1. I'll be the boss. How do you like that? Once you get me excited about exercise I won't let you forget it. So put me in charge if you require someone being ruff with you! Guaranteed I'll be the friendliest and most adoring boot camp sergeant you'll ever encounter!
2. Dogs like routines. Pavlov realized it, so should you! Eventually all it will take is the sound of you coming home from work to make me jump up and grab my leash! And once you get me into that routine, you can bet I won't forget it.
3. I like to run, but that's not allllll I like to do! Please keep your routine fresh with me! If you're bored of running or going for walks, how about playing with me in the park or your yard? Tossing a ball or Frisbee is fun exercise, and it's good for both of us. And you can even have the kids play too! Man, I'm shaping up to be the best thing for your whole family!
(Tip continues below)
4. My enthusiasm is contagious. While you may be saying, "Ugh, I don't want to go for a run," I'm without a doubt ready to bark up a storm for a jog! Don't you see my tail wagging... and the leash in my mouth? Look how excited I am! Use that excitement to remind yourself that if I'm this excited about exercising then you could get that excited about physical activity too!
5. I can distract you. A lot of you humans begin to enjoy exercising because it offers a way to take your mind off of things that are stressing you out. Problems at work, an argument with a spouse, and so on. Spending time with me as you exercise is like a distraction double-whammy!
Let me become more than your best friend - I want to be your best exercise partner too! So help get us both in shape this spring and summer, and start your 6-legged workout regimen TODAY!