Ever notice that many of us start our diets right after we feel like we have eaten too much or have indulged in all the wrong foods? Some harmful toxins, such as high fructose corn syrup, starches, bleached flours and added chemicals, can all congest your body, often making you feel tired and sick. Unfortunately, saying that you are starting a diet does not get rid of the unhealthy foods and toxins you have already consumed.
Luckily, there are foods that can help you flush out your system while also supplying you with tons of nutrients. To help your body get rid of these harmful toxins, here are 5 foods to add to your diet:
1) Garlic can be used with almost anything. Whether you are adding it to your favorite sauce or on top of your grilled chicken dinner, it is a detox favorite! It helps liver enzymes filter out all the junk we have hanging around.
2) Lemons are also an easy detox food. Fresh lemons provide us with vitamin C and they help us convert toxins into water. Add a lemon to your water for added taste and nutrients!
(Tip continues below)
3) Broccoli sprouts contain 20 to 50 times more cancer-fighting enzymes than most grown vegetables. They taste great when prepared with some crushed almonds on top!
4) Besides broccoli sprouts, cauliflower and artichokes are also well known for their liver detoxifying properties. Also recommended are beet-root and any red or green vegetables. Try mashing cauliflower up for a delicious and healthier alternative to mashed potatos!
5) Lastly, don’t forget the importance of fresh fruit when attempting to detox! All fresh fruit is good for detox, provided it is eaten on its own, not before, with, or after food. Fruit is great for flushing out your system while leaving great nutrients behind.
In addition to adding these great foods to your diet, it is also important to drink plenty of warm water to keep your body hydrated and clean. Now you can start a healthy diet with a healthy and purified body!