Update Your Fall Fitness Wardrobe!
Welcome to Diet and Fitness Podcast, a free audio podcast sponsored by Diet.com. This is your fit, fun, and fabulous host, Lady Diet, ready to give you the
skinny on the latest diet fitness health tips and news.
Diet.comís new Back on Track Fitness Challenge starts on September 17th! In honor of the big event, I thought I would talk about a few key things every
fitness challenger should be prepared with to make the most out of their experience! Iím talking about a wardrobe update. If itís been awhile and youíre
still running around in a gym outfit youíve had since 7th grade, I say itís time for a change! From clothes to accessories, here are my five picks for the
perfect Back on Track Fitness Wardrobe.
1) Any fitness wardrobe in my opinion begins with good running shoes. If your old favorite pair has cracks in the heels, itís time to let them go. When you
look for new shoes, remember to consider how youíll use them, whether itís just on a treadmill or whether youíll be running on rough terrain often. When you
go to the shoe store, remember to wear the pair of socks you plan on using when youíre exercising.
2) I know it may be hard to let go, but sometimes you just need to replace your sports bra. Itís pretty easy to tell when itís time for a new one Ė gently
stretch the bands on your sports bra Ė if there is little to no resistance, itís time to go shopping. When youíre trying out new ones at a store, remember to
do a little jog-in-place test to see whether it gives you the support you need!
3) The third item everyone needs in their fitness wardrobe is a supportive pair of leggings, exercise pants or shorts made with breathable fabric. A lot of
athletic wear claims to be made with ďWickingĒ properties, which means that the fabric pulls the moisture away from your body as you sweat. Also, go for
material thatís stretchy or made out of Spandex to provide maximum support during higher impact activities.
4) Another essential for every Fall Fitness Wardrobe is a good music player! Get one that can hold enough upbeat songs on it for your workout and make sure
you get a case to protect it when youíre running around. Personally, Iím really in love with the iPod shuffle for working out.
5) Lastly, for a fresh addition to your wardrobe, invest in a little pedometer to measure the distances youíre going when you head out on a jog. Pedometers
today have clocks and timers, speed estimators, pulse rate readers and even calorie estimates. If youíre tracking your calories in and out as part of a new
weight loss plan, a pedometer can really help you get a better feeling for your progress.
Itís good to update your athletic wear sometimes Ė not only because your old things might be worn out from use, but also because having a new piece of
clothing or stepping into a new pair of shoes can give you that extra motivation you need to recharge your workout this season. Go to Diet.com and click on
the link that says ďChallengeĒ on the top navigation to join the Back on Track Fitness Challenge! Good luck!
If you have any comments or suggestions about todayís podcast, or any fun health, diet, or fitness tip, feel free to email me at LadyDietPodcast at dietdotcom.
This is Lady Diet signing offÖ