- Chapati (unleavened bread, griddle-cooked)
- Naan (leavened bread)
- Steamed Basmati rice
- Chicken Tikka (marinated in yogurt and roasted)
- Tandoori chicken, fish or seafood (marinated in yogurt and cooked in a clay oven)
- Vegetable Pilau (basmati rice and veggies)
- Curries: Chicken Jalferzi or Vindaloo
- Lentils or Dal (chickpeas)
- Gosht Vindaloo (beef or lamb with potatoes)
- Matar Pulao (rice with peas)
- Chicken or shrimp kabob
- Lower-fat cue words: takki (pan-roasted), tandoori (clay oven roasted), saag (with spinach), masala, matta (peas), paneer (soft cheese made from low-fat milk)
- Indian curry dishes are different than Thai curries. Indian curry is a signature spice of Indian cuisine. Sometimes Indian curry is combined with tomatoes or veggies (low-fat) and other times it is combined with Indian cream to make a rich creamy sauce (high-fat). Ask!
- Ask not to add extra cream to dishes.
- Ask to leave extra oil off of the Naan bread.
- Higher-fat cue words: ghee (clarified butter), poori (fried bread), coconut milk .