- Jerk chicken
- Look for mixed seafood and spicy shrimp
- Stew peas and rice (comes with seasoned pork, beef and kidney beans)
- Boiled callaloo (amaranth- grain)
- Callaloo soup
- Vegetable Roti
- Plain rice
- Escoveitch fish
- Ackee or saltfish (lower in fat but high in sodium)
- Boiled yams or sweet potatoes
- Roasted breadfruit
- Cornmeal porridge
- Boiled green bananas
- Most callaloo dishes are best avoided as they contain salt pork and coconut milk.
- Many rice and bean or pea dishes contain coconut milk- ask!
- If you see scotch bonnet peppers listed as an ingredient, beware! They are very very hot peppers, eat with caution.