One of my favorite bloggers Sara recently requested that I create a paleo option of the white chocolate macadamia nut Luna bars! While I'm still figuring out how to make white chocolate paleo...it's going to happen I promise... I made a gluten free version to hold her over in the meantime! These have far fewer ingredients than your average protein bar and are perfect for when you need a sweet fix! Try them out!
- 3 cups brown rice crisps cereal (gluten free I used Erewhon)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder of your choice (I used whey)
- 1/4 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- dash of salt
- 1/2 cup light agave nectar
- 1 tbs. natural peanut butter (I used peanut butter & co.)
- tsp. vanilla
- white chocolate candy melts
- unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- coconut oil
What food would you most like to see recreated into a healthier version???
- Line an 8X8 baking pan with foil and grease with coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the brown rice cereal, vanilla protein, macadamia nuts and salt
- In a small pan over low heat combine your agave, peanut butter, and vanilla on a stove
- While the mixture is warming, place a single layer of the candy melts on the bottom of your baking pan
- Once the mixture has combined and will start to bubble a tiny bit, remove it from the heat and combine immediately with the cereal mixture
- Once the two mixture are combined press on top of the candy melts
- Afterwards melt 10 candy melts in a microwave safe dish along with a drop of almond breeze. Drizzle over the bars
- Place your bars in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour and let cool
- Slice and enjoy!!!
I'm always looking for suggestions!