Danielle Prestejohn, NASM CPT, MS Nutrition, is a devoted CrossFitter, Group Fitness Instructor, and Health Coach. Residing in Boston, MA she is the blogger behind CleanFoodCreativeFitness.com and has a passion for all things nutrition and fitness. She hopes to share this passion and enthusiasm for health with all those in the Diet.com community!

» Meet Danielle Prestejohn
» Save Author as Favorite
» See all DPrestejohn's Posts

Recent Posts

» Paleo Pumpkin French Toast Egg Muffins
» Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
» Best Ways to Hydrate
» Chocolate Banana Paleo Frosty
» Paleo Eggplant Parmesan Stacks


» December 2012
» November 2012
» October 2012
» September 2012
» August 2012
» July 2012

Danielle Prestejohn

by Danielle Prestejohn, Fitness and Nutrition Expert
Subscribe to this feed Subscribe

Weight loss can be a really difficult process for many people. Here are some steps to make weight loss a bit easier. It's about a balance; there is not need to go on a crazy diet that you won't be able to maintain. We want to work on making lifestyle changes that will lead to success.
-Water: Drink at least half your body weight in ounces of water daily. We often mistake thirst for hunger. Before eating a meal or having a snack, drink a glass of water and wait...determine if you are really hungry or just thirsty.
-Eliminate other beverages: Coffee, tea, water, coconut water are all great options for weight loss. Eliminate the sodas (even diet), juices, and other flavored drinks. Aim for naturally flavored drinks...Remember your number one option should always be water!
-Eliminate the processed foods: This is a simple rule to follow, the more ingredients on the label the more processed it is.
-Get rid of artificial sweeteners: If you still need a sweetener opt for small amounts of natural sugar such as honey, agave, or stevia.
-Eat when you are hungry: This sounds really simple but the reality is it can be extremely difficult. Find a balance that works for you. Wait too long to eat and you will become ravenous and eat more than necessary. Pay attention to hunger signals and eat slowly. Your body will let you know when you've had enough.
-Add in fats: It may sound counterintuitive but to lose fat we need to eat fat. Our body needs fats. They are the second source of fuel in fitness, and play a huge role in satiety. While fats are more calorie dense than carbohydrates and proteins, they can also be more satisfying. Pay attention to portion sizes but aim to include some fat in every meal; except post workout.
-Eat a balanced diet: Everything in moderation. Don't start eliminating everything in sight. Find a balance that works for you. If you cannot give up dairy, be smart about your choices. Don't cut out all carbohydrates. You'll simply be grouchy and losing water weight. Aim to eat every meal with a serving of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats.
-Exercise!!!: Diet is very important in weight loss. In fact around 80% of weight loss is based on your nutrition, but there is the other 20%. Exercise is more than just a weight loss method. It will keep you healthy, brighten your mood, improve your sleep, and just may contribute to weight loss.
-Lastly Eat Enough: Don't starve yourself constantly and expect to lose weight. Our body needs a certain amount of calories ingested just to lay down all day. Take in less than this and your metabolism will start to slow and your body will retain everything you put into your mouth. Never ever drop below 1200 calories a day!

Best of luck with your weight loss!
For more tips check out my site Clean Food Creative Fitness

Post a Comment

Hot Topics

diet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe

Most Popular Searches

Most Popular Blogs

» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market

Highest Rated Blogs

» 5 Healthy Pumpkin-Flavored Foods to Try This Fall
» How to Cut Back on Carbs Without Giving Up on Them
» 6 Tips to Add Healthy Whole Foods to Your Diet
» Summer can trigger panic mode
» Halloween Chocolate Ghost Boo-nana Pops

Sign up for our free diet newsletter
We respect your privacy. We will never share your email address with a 3rd party for any reason.