|Home > Expert Blogs > Mind Over Platter|
AboutRosa Smith-Montanaro is a Virtual Wellness and Weight Loss Coach, and the award-winning creator of the Mind Over Platter program. She also wrote a book of the same name. Her background is in Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Success Coaching.
» Meet Rosa Smith-Montanaro
» Save Author as Favorite
» See all RosaSmith's Posts
Recent Posts» Zero Tolerance for Excuses
» Do Something Sweet for Valentine's Without Sugar
» Your Health Needs to Be a Priority
» Xanadu Your Mind and Life
» Weigh Yourself Weekly
Archive» July 2008
» June 2008
» May 2008
» April 2008
» March 2008
» February 2008
A past article that I wrote on Diet.com prompted me to think about strategies that would reduce the temptation to OVEReat at buffets. Here are my top ten tips, David Letterman style.
10. Take a smaller plate when you go up to the buffet and make more trips if needed.
9. Drink a protein drink about 45 minutes beforehand to balance your blood sugar.
8. Fill a water bottle with a packet of soluble fiber mix, drink it in the car on your way to eat and finish it prior to going into the restaurant.
7. Remind yourself that this food is here every single day, you can come back any time you'd like. Your goal is to have a healthy relationship with food. That means moderation.
6. Slow down, stretch out your meal and enjoy the company. Eat slowly.
5. Drink a full glass of water prior to going to get food, and drink water in between rounds.
4. Eat in this order: raw/steamed vegetables, protein, fresh fruit, potatoes/cooked vegetables, and lastly bread, pasta and desserts.
3. Fill your plate with salad the first time to give your brain time to register that you are full.
2. Order off of the menu. I do this at Ruby Tuesdays, they have a wonderful salad bar, but I order a salad instead. Here is the difference, when I order the salad bar, I want my money's worth. When I order a meal, I want left overs.
Number 1 tip: Avoid them completely! Why set yourself up for disaster? While you are losing weight, step away from the buffet!
Follow me on Twitter: @MindOverPlatter
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» For the Love of Peanut Butter
» How to Give Up Caffeine
» Wax On, Wax Off: What's On Our Fruits & Veggies?
» Workout Music: Remixes Round Two
» Why Your Workout Stinks!