Hey Everyone! Trainer Pete here,
How are your New Years workouts going so far? I hope awesome! I have a kick butt full body 15 Minute FAT BURNING Workout for you to throw into the mix so you can keep your 2012 goals going!
Beginners should do 1-2 sets of 10 reps each.
Intermediate exercisers should do 3 sets of 12 reps.
More advanced exercisers go for 3 sets of 15 reps.
Go through all the exercises in a "circuit style," doing exercise 1, then 2, then 3... with no rest in between. Keep it moving the whole time!
1. Squat to shoulder press (great for legs, butt and shoulders): Sit back, bending at the hips first and then the knees. Then stand back up pushing through the heels and pressing the weights over your head.
2. Ball Crunch (great for your stomach): Keep your lower back in contact with the ball and start with your stomach already contracted. Then lift up a couple of inches for an extra squeeze!
3. Ball push up (great for chest, front shoulders and arms): Further out = harder. Make sure to keep your hands directly underneath your shoulders. Bend at the elbow then push back up!
4. Ball reverse low back (keep that lower back healthy!): Keep your legs straight while lifting them in the air to squeeze your lower back. Depending upon your height you may not be able to start with both your feet and forearms on the ground.
5. Hip lifts (great for legs and butt!): Push through your heels to lift your hips up and squeeze your butt! Lower down slowly.
Enjoy and Keep it Moving!