|Home > Member Blogs > Nutrition Express|
ShaunaS» View Profile
» View Buddies
» View All Blog Posts
» Invite As Buddy
» Save Author as Favorite
Recent Posts» Holiday Parties: Food, Drink Best Picks
» 11 Healthy 'n Yummy Holiday Food Products To Try!
» 8 Holiday Baking Tips, 1 Cookie Recipe
» Dig In! Healthy Holiday Side Dishes
» Thanksgiving: Will You Gobble 1,800 Calories?
Archive» March 2007
» February 2007
» January 2007
» December 2006
» November 2006
» October 2006
Ship Shape for Spring Breakposted @12:00am ET on March 12, 2008
Tips to Shape Up for Spring Break
Spring Break is right around the corner and that may leave many of you scrambling to look just right in that bathing suit. With not much time left, this may lead many of you to drastic measures. Instead of resorting to unrealistic expectations, how about focusing on healthy and attainable goals? Below are strategies that you can use right now and while on vacation.
· Do not skip meals in an attempt to lose more weight. Skipping meals only leads to being hungrier and sets you up for overeating at the next meal.
· Stock up! Head to the grocery store and fill your cupboards and refrigerator with healthy items such as baby carrots and hummus to snack on and pre-cut lettuce and chicken breast for an easy entrée salad. Get rid of the junk food – out of sight, out of mind!
· Set realistic goals. People often set unrealistic goals which set them up for guilt when they do not achieve them. Make small changes such as making dinner every night instead of eating out or jogging in the mornings. Aiming to lose 1 pound per week is realistic – look at this as great progress!
· Most people underestimate the number of calories they consume by 30% or more. Make it a point to keep a food journal (use your diet.com meal tracker!) to help keep you focused and honest. Remember that how much you eat determines weight loss or gain. Familiarize yourself with portions by measuring food and reading food labels. If you want to check in with someone – post what you are eating for a day or two in the Rate My Plate board and I will give you tips and feedback.
· Post motivational signs around your house that will help you stay on track such as on your bathroom mirror or refrigerator. Remember to keep them positive such as I will treat my body well by feeding it plenty of fruits and vegetables or let’s go outside and enjoy a walk today.
Tips during Spring Break
· What can you do for activity – is there a fitness room, can you walk on the beach or ... Continue
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» It's Easy Eating Green
» Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
» Portion Control Tools - Our Top Picks!
» Walking Promotes Normal Memory Health
» #1 Doctor Recommended Brand?