Before we get into today's recipe let's talk cherries for a minute! Why are cherries so good for us?
Paleo Cherry Almond Crumble
- Cherries are filled with antioxidants
- They have anti-inflammatory benefits
- They are a good source of fiber
- They aid in heart health
- They are a great source of beta carotene
- They can be a sleep aid, memory aid, and cancer aid
- 1 lb pitted cherries
- 3 tbs. slivered almonds
- 3 tbs. almond meal/flour
- 1 tbs. coconut sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Pit and dice your cherries into small chunks.
- In a ramekin sprayed with olive oil combine your cherries with 2 tbs. of slivered almonds, 2 tbs. of almond meal and the 3 tbs. of coconut sugar.
- Top with the remaining tbs. of almond meal and slivered almonds and spray with olive oil.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until the top of the crumble starts to brown.