- Diet Plans
- Weight Loss Community
Hey Diet.com members! I hope everyone is having a great week so far.
Have you checked out Diet.com's newly renovated Recipes section? We just launched it this week, and we're SO excited about it!
Your Diet.com staff has been plugging away behind the scenes for almost a year now, putting together this newly refurbished Recipes section and bringing our vision to life. We hope you enjoy the updates as much as we do. Please head over and check it out - don't be afraid to explore!!
On an unrelated note, I wanted to blog about my workout from last night, to share my routine with you all! I've done this several times in the past and it seemed to be popular, so I thought I'd bring it back again :)
Here's what I did at the gym last night, with many of the exercises linked to demos so you can see the move in action. Calorie amounts are just what the cardio machine told me that I'd burned, based on my weight.
* 60 mins elliptical, 713 calories
* 6 mins walking, 25 calories
* 13 bicep curls, 10 lbs each hand
* 13 overhead press, 10 lbs each hand
* 13 tricep extensions on exercise ball, holding 12 lbs
* 26 alternating chest flys, with 8 lb medicine ball (I did this lying on the floor with my knees raised at 90°, instead of on an exercise ball, as the demo shows)
* 13 chest press on exercise ball, 10 lbs each hand
* I then repeated all of the last 5 arm exercises one more time!
Then of course, you don't want to forget to stretch afterwards... Which I forgot to do last night, and now I'm more sore than I really should be! :(
I was proud of myself for going an entire hour on the elliptical! I normally only do 30-35 mins of cardio before I switch over to strength-training, but last night I wanted to see how much I could push myself. I was absolutely saturated with sweat! I felt like a boss :)
Elsewhere in my life, I've been really enjoying fruits lately. There are so many that are especially tasty and fresh during the summer, and I've been taking advantage of it!
I just finished eating a delicious and juicy peach, which I have had a couple of this week, and I always have my daily morning banana as well. I've also been really enjoying apples... which I know is more of a fall fruit, but that's ok!
I also wanted to mention how much I've been loving adding spinach to my berry/banana smoothies. It's such a great way to incorporate even more nutrients into your smoothies - and you would never even taste that there's spinach in your drink.
Come to think of it, I add baby spinach to a lot of dishes to boost the nutrient-value:
- try chopping up a few handfuls and adding it to your next pasta sauce
- throw a couple handfuls into your next soup
- switch out lettuce and swap in spinach on your next lunch sandwich
- switch out lettuce and swap in spinach in your next salad
That's all from me for now - talk to you soon!!