|Home > Expert Blogs > The Wholefoods Way|
AboutNikki and David Goldbeck, whose best-selling The Supermarket Handbook helped revolutionize America’s diet and made "The Goldbecks" a household word in the ’70s, are still stirring up the pot 35 years later. The Goldbecks have more than 1.5 million books in print. They were catapulted to fame in 1973 with the publication of The Supermarket Handbook. They have also co-authored The Healthiest Diet in the World, Eat Well The YoChee Way, The Dieter’s Companion and The Goldbeck’s Guide to Good Food.
» Meet Nikki & David Goldbeck
» Save Author as Favorite
» See all TheGoldbecks's Posts
Recent Posts» Healthy Snacks The Kids Will LOVE!
» 12 Ways To Get Kids To Eat Their Vegetables
» 7 Outrageously Good Low-Fat Recipes!
Archive» November 2008
» October 2008
» September 2008
» August 2008
» July 2008
» June 2008
75% less fat
22% more protein
20% more calcium
Russian Coleslaw vs. typical fast food coleslaw
83% less calories
no fat vs. 10 to 20 grams fat per 1/2 cup
50% to 70% less carbohydrate
Thick & Creamy Blue Cheese Dressing vs. bottled blue cheese dressing
25% less calories
33% less fat
4 times as much protein
4 times as much calcium
Yo-Cheese Pesto vs. commercial pesto sauce
40% less calories
50% less fat
Chocolate Mousse vs. conventional mousse
46% less calories
62% less fat
67% less saturated fat
20% less calcium
Per serving: 119 calories, 4gm protein, 6gm fat, 3gm saturated fat, 15.5gm carbohydrate, 79mg calcium
YoChee for the Non-cook
Here are some quick ways to use YoChee to get you started. Before long, you will get into the habit of using it wherever you can.
* Serve on baked potatoes. A few chopped chives make this especially nice.
* Use in dips in place of sour cream or mayonnaise.
* Use in place of butter or mayonnaise to moisten the bread for sandwiches. You might want to add a touch of salt for extra flavor.
* Spread on bread along with some all-fruit preserves for a “creamy YoChee and jelly” sandwich.
* Spread on hot toast, warm muffins, French toast or pancakes and let it melt in like butter. If desired, you can add a touch of maple syrup or honey for flavoring.
* Garnish green salads before or after dressing by topping with several “pearls” of YoChee.
* Spoon a generous dollop on chili, tacos, burritos, and bean stews. For extra gusto, season with a dash of hot pepper sauce.
* Stir into pasta sauces to taste just before serving to make them creamy.
* Spread a thin layer on top of casseroles before baking.
* Serve soups and stews with a heaping spoonful of YoChee on top.
* For instant hors d’œuvres, spread on crackers or toasted bread cut in quarters. Top with cucumber slices, diced sun-dried tomatoes, thin wedges of artichoke hearts, a few capers, olive paste, or something similar.
* For dessert, sweeten YoChee lightly with pure maple syrup and a few drops of vanilla extract. Use on top of berries, baked apples or other fruit desserts as you would whipped cream.
Why We Love YoChee
• 2 tablespoons YoChee provide 21 calories, 2.5gm. protein, 2.5gm. carbohydrate, 60mg. calcium. YoChee made from nonfat yogurt is fat-free.
• YoChee saves 40-100 calories and 5-10 grams of fat per tablespoon compared to high-fat alternatives (see next bullet).
• Spreadable – a delicious no-fat alternative to butter, sour cream, margarine, cream cheese, and mayonnaise.
• Capable of the impossible – creamy, low-fat soups, sauces, dips, desserts and toppings.
• Easy to incorporate into most any dish.
• Ideal for calcium- and protein-seekers, the lactose-intolerant, vegetarians, even meat-eaters, as YoChee can help reduce overall fat intake.
• Easily made and stored at home.
Be sure to make The Wholefoods Way blog a Favorite so you won't miss part 2, "Favorite YoChee Recipes" which will appear later this week.
To learn more about YoChee, view a slide show demonstration, find a source of straining devices, or to discover how to add other health-enhancing foods to your diet without undermining your weight goals, visit Nikki and David Goldbeck at HealthyHighways.com.
Diet.com members: Use coupon code “DC1” and get a 10% discount.
Nikki and David Goldbeck, whose best-selling The Supermarket Handbook helped revolutionize America's diet and made "The Goldbecks" a household word in the '70s, are still stirring up the pot 35 years later. The Goldbecks have more than 1.5 million books in print. They were catapulted to fame in 1973 with the publication of The Supermarket Handbook. They have also co-authored The Healthiest Diet in the World, Eat Well The YoChee Way, The Dieter’s Companion and The Goldbeck's Guide to Good Food.
Click here to view our slideshow on making YoChee.
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» For the Love of Peanut Butter
» Best Total Body Exercise - Rope Climb!
» Wax On, Wax Off: What's On Our Fruits & Veggies?
» Workout Music: Remixes Round Two
» Why Your Workout Stinks!