- Diet Plans
- Weight Loss Community
Oh, the temptations are about to abound! The holiday party circuit is on its way along with baked treats, dining out more often and perhaps some added stress.
Holiday fun can certainly lead to weight gain, but it doesn't have to! We've got some tips to help you navigate holiday parties and make healthy choices.
Party To-Do List (try them all!)
• Spend more time socializing and less time around the buffet table. Also, try keeping a glass of water in your hand at all times to eliminate mindless noshing!
• Be a healthy guest and a healthy host. Bring a healthy dish for all to enjoy and provide plenty of healthy options at your own party.
• Make your food choices special. Think about the food choices you will face and choose the ones that mean something. For example, choose two must-have items and make the rest of your choices low in calories and fat.
• Downsize your party-ware. Use a smaller plate and a smaller glass whenever possible for instant portion control. Vow to eat food off your plate instead of grazing around the food table.
• Make it a rule to enjoy a fruit and vegetable at each party and choose them first.
• Set one small goal before each gathering or party. For example, I will limit dessert to one small portion or I will make one trip to the buffet.
• Fit in some form of exercise before the event such as a brisk walk, raking leaves or a stress reducer such as kickboxing!
• Watch your alcohol intake. Alcohol calories add up fast and can decrease your resolve to eat healthier. Aim for one glass of water per alcoholic beverage.
• Eat a light snack before you go to take the edge off hunger. For example, enjoy an apple and string cheese, a bowl of broth based soup or turkey slices with fresh veggies and crackers.
• Make room on your original plate for dessert instead of going back for dessert.
Better Beverage Picks:
• Apple cider over egg nog (120 calories vs. 343 calories per cup)
• Light beer or wine. Just watch the size of the wine glass, wine ... Continue
|1 | 2 Next Page|