Before I realized they were not the healthiest breakfast for me, I used to love chocolate chip muffins when I was younger! Even now, anything with a little chocolate in it - I know I will love it! These muffins are gluten free but not Paleo. They could easily be adapted to a Paleo recipe, though, by a simple swap of flours! Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup sorghum flour (If making these paleo swap this for another 1/2 cup almond meal)
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup enjoy life mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl combine your flours, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, and cinnamon.
- Next add in your applesauce, eggs, honey, and vanilla and mix well.
- Lastly stir in your chocolate chips.
- Place into muffin cups and bake 18-20 minutes
Makes 12 muffins!