|Home > Expert Blogs > Danielle Prestejohn|
AboutDanielle Prestejohn, NASM CPT, MS Nutrition, is a devoted CrossFitter, Group Fitness Instructor, and Health Coach. Residing in Boston, MA she is the blogger behind CleanFoodCreativeFitness.com and has a passion for all things nutrition and fitness. She hopes to share this passion and enthusiasm for health with all those in the Diet.com community!
» Meet Danielle Prestejohn
» Save Author as Favorite
» See all DPrestejohn's Posts
Recent Posts» Paleo Pumpkin French Toast Egg Muffins
» Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Protein Bars
» Best Ways to Hydrate
» Chocolate Banana Paleo Frosty
» Paleo Eggplant Parmesan Stacks
Archive» December 2012
» November 2012
» October 2012
» September 2012
» August 2012
» July 2012
100% honesty... I don't like vegetables!!! I know they are healthy and I can't cut them out completely so here are some options that make me like them a little more...
Spicy turkey lettuce wraps...a perfect way to eat your greens!
Why we need veggies:
-They provide us with adequate carbohydrates necessary for energy
-They are high in fiber
-They are high in numerous vitamins and minerals
-They are filling and naturally low in calories, great for weight loss or maintenance
What I do to make them better:
- I love roasted veggies, it makes them a little sweeter. Spray a pan with olive oil and put whatever chopped veggies you like on there! I typically like zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes, carrots, and red pepper... Bake for 40 minutes or so at 400 degrees. You can also top them with a little olive oil and pepper.
- Cook my veggies. I like them cooked better than raw, figure out what you prefer and eat them that way. I will never eat a salad but I will eat a bowl of cooked veggies no problem.
- Mix them in with other foods. Add them to soup or chili, mix them in with your eggs, and shredded zucchini or carrots works great mixed in turkey burgers or meatballs.
- Add seasonings. Some of my favorites are crushed red pepper flakes, chili pepper and paprika, or herbs de provence with a little olive oil.
Bowl of veggies: Spinach, carrots, red pepper, turkey, spices, and lime
Here is one of my favorite vegetable recipes:
- 1 small eggplant
- 2-3 small zucchini
- 12 oz mushrooms
- 1 carrot
- 2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes
Spray a saucepan with olive oil spray and bring to medium high heat
Chop up all of the vegetables and saute in the pan about 5 minutes
Once the vegetables are cooked add in the diced tomatoes and seasoning and let cook at low heat for 10 minutes longer
Eat your veggies today!!!!
What's your favorite way to eat your veggies?
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» The Top 10 Workout Songs for March 2015
» Losing Weight as a Couple: 7 Secrets to Success
» Buying & Preparing Lamb: The Basics
» Cardio Beyond Running: What Are Your Options?
» The Road to Being Booty-ful