The other night I had a major craving for pizza. It might have had something to do with the show I was watching that featured the best pizza from around the country - I really need to stay away from those shows!
So, to satisfy that craving I decided to make up a pizza on my flat grill... and it tasted really good, so I thought I'd share that and a couple other healthy pizza ideas with everyone...
For that night the pizza consisted of:
- a small flour tortilla
- pizza sauce
- sprinkling of low-fat mozzarella cheese
- basil cut into small shreds
- Use a 100-calorie english muffin for the crust
- Use just a couple small pieces of fresh mozzarella for the cheese
- Replace sauce with fresh tomatoes
- Load up on veggies, they will fill you up and don't take out a huge chunk of your calorie allowance
- For more flavor, add in a little minced garlic and onion
- Throw on a couple pieces of grilled chicken for extra protein
Pizza really can be healthy, so don't just pick up the phone and call the closest pizza place!