|Home > Member Blogs > CSL-Chat!|
CSL-Bailey» View Profile
» View Buddies
» View All Blog Posts
» Invite As Buddy
» Save Author as Favorite
Recent Posts» Super Bowl Snacks for the Whole Team!
» How To Post An Image In Your Blog
» All of Last Week's Workouts!
» My Workouts!
» Quick & Easy Diet Tips
Archive» July 2008
» June 2008
» May 2008
» April 2008
» March 2008
» February 2008
Hey Diet.com members and visitors! Today I wanted to write to you guys about smart diet snacking, because so often your snack choices can make or break your daily eating plan!
To lose weight, you know you need to eat right and exercise. Some people make the mistake of thinking that "eating right" only means "eating less". While you DO need to make sure your calorie intake is within the right range for your current and goal weights, you don't need to skip snack time. In fact, snacking - when done correctly - can be a very important key to the success of your diet and weight loss!
Healthy diet snacks can take many forms - and I wanted to share some ideas to get your "diet snack" juices flowing, because diet-friendly snacks don't have to taste like cardboard.
Here are some of my favorite diet-friendly snacks:
- an apple or banana with all-natural peanut butter (no sugar added, usually with only two ingredients listed - peanuts and salt. Try Adams 100% Natural Peanut Butter) I literally eat one of these combos everyday!
- hummus with vegetables. Be creative with your veggies! Carrots and celery are fine, but keep going: cucumbers, crunchy sliced peppers (yellow, red or green), zucchini, broccoli, cauliflower, etc. Branch out!
- Special K cereal bars - or try making these Weelicious Fruit & Seed Bars right at home: Fruit & Seed Bars
- hummus with an over-toasted pita
- low fat yogurt and berries (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, even cranberries!)
- herbal tea or green tea (we're fans of Bigelow Tea!) Sometimes I have Bigelow's Green Tea with Pomegranate after dinner, in place of something dessert-y. It's got a really nice, sweet zing to it! Give it a try :)
- low fat cottage cheese - I like to mix it with fruits like chopped peaches or pears, or have a scoop of it on top of a salad with a sprinkling of black pepper on it.
- a hard boiled egg (season with something exciting like paprika!)
- need something sweet? Try something portion controlled, like Skinny Cow desserts! They've got a ton of great varieties of goodies.
I hope these have given you some great ideas for diet snacks that won't give you the Debbie Downers. Try new things, guys! You never know what healthy foods you'll end up LOVING!
For a full diet plan, upgrade to a Diet.com Premium Membership! You'll receive your choice of our meal plans, plus easy-to-follow exercise plans. Most importantly, you'll receive unlimited access to consultations with our registered dietitian, so you will always have an expert to answer your diet questions. Upgrade today to follow your diet plan!
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» Are You Portion Savvy?
» Labor Day Spicy BBQ Chicken Recipe
» Greek Yogurt Gone Wrong!
» Holiday Meal Madness
» Kick Start Your Metabolism