- Diet Plans
- Weight Loss Community
This summer is proving to be one of the hottest on record, and I've got some great suggestions for you when it comes to staying active... and staying cool!
1. Take a walk or a light jog first thing in the morning or later in the day... it will be too hot to go during the day, so if you can, try to take your walk when it's cooler outside.
2. When it's hot there's one thing I can think of... water! Find water wherever you are and go for a swim! Rent a kayak for the day, go sailing, go to a local pond, lake or beach and go for a swim! Swimming is a great workout, especially in the ocean when there are a lot of waves. Have fun and wear sunscreen!
3. If it's too humid to be outside and you just want to be inside with air conditioning, go to a bowling alley or somewhere indoors where you can be active. You can burn more calories getting up and bowling than sitting at home watching TV, so have fun! I like to go to the local YMCA and play indoor tennis or even racquetball. Another great place to go where it's cool is a mall. Walking around a mall can be up to 2 miles of walking... and fun too of course.
4. Have a barbeque with the sprinklers on. I know you aren't a kid anymore, but you can be. Stay cool by finding a shady spot in the yard and turn a sprinkler on. You can play badminton or wiffle ball and have fun with the family and your friends.
5. Take a walk near the ocean. It's always cooler at a coast line or close to water. So if you don't want to get wet, but want to stay cool, take your walk near open water.
Good luck this week with all your goals and stay cool!