|Home > Expert Blogs > Fitness Expert Katrina|
AboutKatrina Hodgson, NASM CPT, BS Health Science, has helped thousands reach their goals by designing fitness programs with her workout videos and her website ToneItUp.com. As one of Diet.comís featured personal trainers she hopes to share her passion for fitness and continue to make a positive impact for the Diet.com community.
» Meet Katrina Hodgson
» Save Author as Favorite
» See all FitnessExpertKatrina's Posts
Recent Posts» The Power of Plyometric Workouts
» How to Burn Extra Calories Through the Holidays
» Thanksgiving Without the Guilt
» 5 Ways to Fit in Your Workout
» Trick or Treat?
Archive» August 2007
» July 2007
» June 2007
» May 2007
» April 2007
» March 2007
This summer is proving to be one of the hottest on record, and I've got some great suggestions for you when it comes to staying active... and staying cool!
1. Take a walk or a light jog first thing in the morning or later in the day... it will be too hot to go during the day, so if you can, try to take your walk when it's cooler outside.
2. When it's hot there's one thing I can think of... water! Find water wherever you are and go for a swim! Rent a kayak for the day, go sailing, go to a local pond, lake or beach and go for a swim! Swimming is a great workout, especially in the ocean when there are a lot of waves. Have fun and wear sunscreen!
3. If it's too humid to be outside and you just want to be inside with air conditioning, go to a bowling alley or somewhere indoors where you can be active. You can burn more calories getting up and bowling than sitting at home watching TV, so have fun! I like to go to the local YMCA and play indoor tennis or even racquetball. Another great place to go where it's cool is a mall. Walking around a mall can be up to 2 miles of walking... and fun too of course.
4. Have a barbeque with the sprinklers on. I know you aren't a kid anymore, but you can be. Stay cool by finding a shady spot in the yard and turn a sprinkler on. You can play badminton or wiffle ball and have fun with the family and your friends.
5. Take a walk near the ocean. It's always cooler at a coast line or close to water. So if you don't want to get wet, but want to stay cool, take your walk near open water.
Good luck this week with all your goals and stay cool!
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» For the Love of Peanut Butter
» Wax On, Wax Off: What's On Our Fruits & Veggies?
» Workout Music: Remixes Round Two
» Why Your Workout Stinks!
» Sauteed Scallops with Cherry Tomatoes