Don't put off starting the year on track. Here are five steps to achieve weight losss in the new year.
1. Start with a Reality Check.
Step on the scale, take your measurements and put on a pair of jeans to see what size you really are.
2. Create an affirmation for weight loss.
My favorite is "I have a healthy relationship with food." Write it on post it notes and place in at least five places.
3. Post a photo of your ideal image where you can see it every day.
You must select an image that most resembles your goal weight.
4. Write down what you will be eating for the next 21 days.
Create a shopping list and stock up on everything you need to be successful.
5. Find a buddy that will hold you accountable.
Check in with each other on a regular basis. Ask your friends on Diet.com to join you... and have fun with this.
Virtual Wellness and Weight Loss Coach
Rosa Smith-Montanaro is a Virtual Wellness and Weight Loss Coach, and the award-winning creator of the Mind Over Platter program. She also wrote a book of the same name. Her background is in Hypnotherapy, Neuro Linguistics Programming (NLP), Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT) and Success Coaching.