|Home > Member Blogs > Nutrition Express|
ShaunaS» View Profile
» View Buddies
» View All Blog Posts
» Invite As Buddy
» Save Author as Favorite
Recent Posts» Holiday Parties: Food, Drink Best Picks
» 8 Holiday Baking Tips, 1 Cookie Recipe
» Dig In! Healthy Holiday Side Dishes
» Thanksgiving: Will You Gobble 1,800 Calories?
Archive» March 2007
» February 2007
» January 2007
» December 2006
» November 2006
» October 2006
11 Healthy 'n Yummy Holiday Food Products To Try!posted @6:00am ET on December 15, 2008
With the holiday season now in full swing, you are probably getting ready to bake, entertain and head off to parties. You may be used to buying the same old products to make your favorite holiday dishes, however, before you head out to the store, check out some of these outstanding products.
They may become your new favorite holiday products and transform your dish into a healthy superstar!
• Horizon Low-fat Organic Egg Nog: if you prefer to buy organic, you’ll love this low-fat egg nog! Per 1/2 cup: 140 calories, 6 g protein, 23 g carb, 3 g fat, 2 g saturated fat, 80 mg sodium, 0 g fiber.
• Whitewave Silk Soymilk Nog: if you don’t consume dairy but love the taste of egg nog, then this is nog for you! Per 1/2 cup: 90 calories, 3 g protein, 15 g carb, 2 g fat, 0 g saturated fat, 75 mg sodium, 0 g fiber.
• Vitasoy Peppermint Chocolate Organic Soy Beverage: forget the Starbucks peppermint mocha and grab a soy drink instead. It’ll only cost you 140 calories and 4 g fat per 8 ounces vs. 440 calories and 18 g fat for a tall peppermint mocha (made with whole milk and whipped cream).
• Wholly Wholesome Whole Wheat Organic Pie Shells: These pre-made pie shells contain whole grains and do not use artery-clogging hydrogenated oils! Per 1/8th shell: 110 calories, 1 g protein, 10 g carb, 8 g fat, 3 g saturated fat, 100 mg sodium, 1 g fiber.
• Splenda Brown Sugar Blend: This baking blend can be used in place of brown sugar. ... Continue
Hot Topicsdiet, weight loss, fitness, motivation, abs, restaurants, health, calories, stress, challenge, gyms, support, goals, points, exercise, metabolism, food, recipe
Most Popular Searches
Most Popular Blogs» Longer, Leaner Thighs: 5 Best Exercises
» We Announce The Challenge WINNER!
» Best Vitamins Dieters Not Getting
» The Dangerous Escape Food Provides
» Janel Hits The Farmers Market
Highest Rated Blogs» Kick Start Your Metabolism
» Are You Portion Savvy?
» Labor Day Spicy BBQ Chicken Recipe
» 4 Keys to Being Unstoppable
» 13 Ways To Get More Omega-3 Fatty Acids