- Diet Plans
- Weight Loss Community
Hey Diet.com members! Are you as excited as I am that we're officially into summer?!
Have you gotten in any beach or pool time yet? Swimming is a great low-impact exercise option! :)
I was browsing through our Diet.com Recipes, looking for a perfect summer recipe, and I certainly found one. I wanted to share this creative, fruity recipe with you guys, so you can all try it out!
Honeydew Summer Salad Wedges:
1 honeydew melon
1 package (3 ounce) gelatin, lemon flavored
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup iced water
1 cup hulled whole strawberries
1. Cut melon in half; scoop out seeds. Pat the inside of the melon dry using paper towels.
2. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Combine ice water and ice cubes to make one cup.
3. Add to gelatin and stir until slightly thickened. Remove any un-melted ice.
4. Place each melon half in a small bowl to hold straight and firm. Place half of strawberries in each melon half.
5. Pour gelatin mixture over berries. Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 3 hours. To serve, cut into wedges.
Doesn't that sound amazing?! Please let me know if you try this recipe! Can't wait to hear what you think!