Pretty stressed out     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamie37388

Total Posts: 9

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:44 am    Post subject: Pretty stressed out Reply with quote

Hi everyone! I've always known that I am an emotional eater. Of course, I eat for every emotion! Confused My life is so stressful, what with having my children and home to care for, and working outside, that I feel almost guilty taking time out to do this for myself. Some days, I am so overwhelmed that I don't feel that I could fit in one more thing. I know that I need to exercise, but unless I get up at 5am, I just don't have time. I bought a pedometer today and am going to shoot for 10,000 steps a day. Does anyone else have these similar hurdles in life? If so, would you like to be my buddy?

jamie37388 (johntandjamie@yahoo.com)
carspieker

Total Posts: 64

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting the pedometer sounds like a great start for you. It might be easiest at first to just shoot for more daily activity with your busy schedule. You know, take the stairs rather than elevator, park at the back of the lot when shopping, etc. I really think those simple changes combined with a healthy diet can make a drastic difference. We as moms tend to put our own needs on the backburner..... the problem is, we never seem to get moved to the front. Our kids are always going to need us, the house will always need to be cleaned, the laundry will never end, the cooking will forever be a neccessity. Try to deligate if you can. (I don't know your children's ages.) You might be surprised at the tasks a toddler can accomplish when taught first. Relax, take time for yourself, enjoy life. You should never feel guilty for doing that.

Idea The best gift you can give your kids is to take care of their mother! In order for you to be there for them physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually, you need to be well first.

I hope to hear great things from you in the future!

Amy

Dance like no one is watching.
jamie37388

Total Posts: 9

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:37 am    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

Thanks for the pick-me-up Amy! Yep, you are exactly right, stuff will always need to be done. I don't have anyone to delegate to really. I will give it a try, we'll see. Again, thanks for the support and suggestions...

Jamie
carspieker

Total Posts: 64

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie-

How about starting really small? Have your kids set the table for dinner. Have them load their own dishes into the dishwasher. Turn on music, hand out dust rags, dance around the house, and have the family each do a little of the work. Simple things to ease your burden and spend some more time as a family. I dreaded doing housework until my daughter turned one. Now she's big enough to help out (though much of the time she isn't very productive), and we get to do it TOGETHER! That's the whole point. And when everyone pitches in, it gives you more time to yourself!

Hope you're having a blessed day!
Amy
SierraSunShyn

Total Posts: 101

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jamie !!!!

The other thing is the use of your pedometer. Make sure you set a goal that makes sense for you. I can tell you that when I started using mine, the first few days I just wore it to see what I was currently walking every day. Once I had that figured out, I tried to increase my steps by 10% at a time so that I was not overwhelmed. I can tell you that I was walking about 1500-2000 steps a day before I started working at it. I have a desk job and it showed. Immediately I jumped to about 4000 steps a day by parking my car farther away and by conciously trying to walk a bit more.... from then, adding a 30 minute walk, which equated to about 3000 steps for me and just aiming for the 10% increase every few days was a big help. Now I walk between 6000-7500 a day on average and on the days when I go for long walks, I hit the 10,000.

Just my thoughts on the pedometer usage, so good luck !!!

Cheryl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com