Why do you want to lose weight?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Celtic1916

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:09 pm    Post subject: Why do I want to lose weight? Reply with quote

For all the reasons that others have posted, but mainly to have the pride and confidence in myself and to show the world the woman that I am!
Sadie Sue

PostPosted: Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. I want to exit a dressing room without feeling as though I'm on the verge of tears

2. I want to stop shouting instructions of "from the chest up ONLY" before anyone snaps a picture

3. I want to not be too ashamed to show up to my next high school reunion

4. I want to be able to workout with my husband (he's very physically fit)

5. I want to see those bones that have disappeared, like my collar bones for example

6. I'd like to just feel better health-wise. I'd like to not be winded after minimal "exercise"
Kbrin

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Beck Diet Reply with quote

I was reading these posts and was wondering what is the beck diet?
My reasons are:
To feel good when I buy new clothes
To fit into my favorite old clothes
To look good for my husband
To lower my risk of Diabetes and heart disease
to feel good about how I look. To take pride in my appearance.

KBrin
hunneybee1984

Total Posts: 18

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Why i want to lose weight? Reply with quote

To look better.
To have better self confidence
To be able to wear cute clothing
For my husband.
Health wise (mom found out she has diabeties)
I work in a factory, so benefits there for being fit
jeetkun

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:56 am    Post subject: I want to lose weight because .... Reply with quote

* To avoid obesity.
* To avoid the risk of having diabetes.
* To look more better.
* To fit my desired clothes and not to always look for sewers.
* To get back my almost lost confidence.

---------------------------------------
Find out the most effective way to Learn Jeet Kune Do

Last edited by jeetkun on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, I don't care about my "weight" number on a bathroom scale. Seriously.... I don't care if its close to BMI "normal body" number, if its 20 lbs above or even 40 lbs above. The number on the bathroom scale is only a number. Nothing more. Although, my doctor does want me to drop 26 lbs.

To me, it's much more important to have stronger inner health & fitness. For example, what is one's hbA1C (Blood Glucose) number, what is my BP, what is my pulse, how many stairs can I walk up without getting SOB (Shortness of Breath) and how much can I physically do (on the job, is sports or doing daily tasks)? It's like that race car thing at the race track. Nice, shinny paint job on its outside of the car but what's really under its hood? In life, the human body is like that. re: It's much more important to perform compared to being "good looking" on the outside. Looking good is only cosmetic. Nothing more.... The real power is under the hood.

If wondering, I used to date a girl who was obsessed with her outer looks. She didn't want to do sports, she didn't want to "melt with nature" (re: long walks in the bush, kayaking or swimming "cannot get the hair wet"), she complained more about what she couldn't eat and she spent even more time standing in the mirror (looking at herself). As you guess, that relationship didn't last long (ya, 3 dates and that's it). Today (28 years later), my wife & I are enjoying life (even with my little pot belly). Last I heard, my historical girlfriend is still standing in front of her mirror. Too bad she didn't learn to "live life" during those last 28 years.

Seriously.... Instead of focusing "too much" on one's mirror looks, do remember to spend time "living life". Live life with your spouse/friends/family and remember to enjoy the lifestyle you can create - instead of focusing too much on the number (re: bathroom scale number). Inner fitness and endurance depth is always more important than outer looks...

Works for me....
careprovider

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to loose weight because I want to feel better about myself and want to be healthier...
Smile
Catyson65

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to lose weight for health reasons and finally do something about the way I look. I want to be that teenage girl I once was.. I had a bangin body, but now I just have a barrel. Shocked what happened.
lafemmena

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#to be able to walk and run like other people and to feel like I can use my body to its full potential
#to be able to look at my body and not feel all the time that I have no muscles at all as I neglected myself
#to be more energetic and much less tired
# to get pregnant and to do this I need to be healthy and feel more sexy

LaFemme
elegante

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have decided to lose weight for myself

1. I have a desire to live a healthy life, God wants us to live both a spritual and healthy life
2. To feel sexy and desirable, often time as female we have a tendency to let ourself go once we become married but we have to keep ourself in shape
3. I enjoy shopping for clothes.

I started my change of life in July 2011 weight 246lbs and today Mar 2012 I am at 198lbs. I still have about 25 pounds to go.
Catyson65

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 1:33 pm    Post subject: I want to lose weight:: Reply with quote

1. To feel good about the way I look in my clothes

2. To be healthy

3. To be able to play with my grandson

and last but not least.....

4. because my doctor felt it would be in my best interest to do so.
beliteweight

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to feel better. I feel bulky and tried and don't look good in my clothes anymore. It makes me feel bad about my own image. I am also a professional who deals with the public and I need to have better self esteem so they take me more seriously. It affects your emotional well being as well. I need to lose 25+ pounds and then I will feel better about who I am. Like I have control vs no control.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1043

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey beliteweight,
I hope that the tools here on Diet.com can help you reach your weight loss goals! Start off by setting some mini-goals (for example, you can break your weight loss goal down into smaller increments, to keep your motivation high).

Check out the motivational success stories under the WEIGHT LOSS COMMUNITY tab, or browse through our Diet/Nutrition/Fitness expert blogs, or watch some of our fitness videos!

I encourage you to start a blog in our Community as well - I hope to see you over there!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
ronpruett01

Total Posts: 8

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:23 am    Post subject: cool question Reply with quote

Basically, I want to lose weight because I want to feel good about myself.
kushy

Total Posts: 20

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I understand is to boost ourselves and should have confidence that "I can do it".
Great fact.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com