Work in an office, any tips?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ashleyshead

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:48 pm    Post subject: Work in an office, any tips? Reply with quote

I work in an office and was wondering if anyone has any tips on squeezing in bits of exercise throughout the day? Smile
Carebear946

Total Posts: 120

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in an office as well, there are a few things that I do that help me get in my 10,000 steps a day. I have a printer at my desk in my office but I print to the upstairs printer quite often, that way I get a bit of a walk and get to climb 30 stairs up and 30 stairs down. Of course if i'm in a rush I cant do that, but I change it up by printing there. Walking the long way to the farthest washroom works. Umm.. If you are able to you can buy a stabiity ball to leave under your desk in your office and you can do crunches and some pushups off of it during lunch. Going for a walk during lunch, obviously depends on how much time you have for lunch.
If you give me a better idea of your set up i'm sure I could come up with more. Do you have a few breaks during the day? How long is your lunch time? Do you have your own office or just a desk? Let me know, i'm sure I can come up with more for you. Hope this helps a bit.

Kerry
ashleyshead

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in a small psychologist's office, the computers, printers, fax machine, filing cabinets, everything is in one room. In the mornings I am the only person working in the office but in the afternoons there is another girl here with me. The doctors and counselors are in and out of the front office all day though. We have one bathroom for employees and it is just about 10 steps from my office. I asked my boss about the exercise ball and he doesn't think it would look professional since I have to interact with clients all day.

I have a one hour lunch break from 1-2, which I usually use to run errands. But that is something I could work on, making time for a walk on lunch.

One thing I have started doing is that I got a set of exercise bands with handles and a couple times a day I go into the restroom (it's a one person restroom) and do some exercises with that. I have a reminder set on my phone so if I am not busy I do it twice a day. However, all I really know to do with those is bicep curls and stuff like that.
kushy

Total Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1)I suggest when you get a call you answer it by doing walking but do not sit at one place and answer.
2)You have to move to drink water instead of filling the bottle and keeping it by your side.
3)Move from your desk for every 1 hour for atleast 5 mins.
These 3 are minimal that I can notice.
bryanf101

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Avoid high calorie food. If possible feed yourself on something which is natural i.e. may be juice or salad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Under 25 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com