Featured Member of the Week - Meet wanttodo!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1045

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Featured Member of the Week - Meet wanttodo! Reply with quote

Diet.com is filled with members who are on the right path because of the support and encouragement you all provide to each other. Here is another great story we found among our Diet.com users.

Member Name: wanttodo

Her Favorite Type of Exercise: “Walking and jogging in the house. I also like to use the resistance machines at the gym, when I can go.”

Her Diet Tips: “There has to be eating and behavior modifications to keep going. You have to be highly motivated and get a group of people to help you stay motivated. Diet.com has provided that group of people, and they are absolutely great!! The eating and behavior modifications are a work in progress, always will be and it takes a while to wrap your mind around that.”

What Keeps Her Motivated: “People at Diet.com and now I am using a book called Beck Diet solution weight loss workbook to further that effort by helping me with the behavior modification. I have been overweight by over 50-75 lbs my whole life. I gained more weight this past year and my desire to get back to my ‘normal’ self is really important to me. I thank God for this website because some friends here have really helped me to stay motivated and not give up.”

Her key to success: “Key is staying motivated enough to change and then working real hard to change. How badly do you want to lose weight? That is a key question to help change.”

How Diet.com has helped her: “Some people here became real friends . I think that has surprised me more than anything else. The realization that your friends in here REALLY REALLY do care makes a huge difference. Diet.com has enabled everyone to upload their picture so I know what they look like. The boards and groups also provide another level of support because there are always suggestions and ideas in them. The buddies group also help because some of these guys become REAL friends and recommend books and programs. The upgrade on this website gave me insight on my personality. Boy that was an eye opener. And I am glad I did upgrade because it made me realize how this site stands off from the rest. Dr. Diet and Shauna (the dietician) actually respond to questions.”

How She Motivates Us: Judy has just recently upgraded to a premium member, and has been finding a ton of success with her new program! She’s been utilizing her expert resources and posing some excellent health and nutrition questions to Dr. Diet and our Registered Dietician Shauna Schultz. The more she learns, the more she knows – the more successful and healthy her future is looking!

Inspiring Post: “I love this website and everyone in here. Tomorrow is a new day with new beginnings, whether today was great or terrible. Tomorrow we all start a new slate.”

All of wanttodo’s blogs:
http://www.diet.com/dietblogs/read_blog_by_poster.php?uid=845091

All of wanttodo’s posts:
http://www.diet.com/member/search.php?search_author=wanttodo

And check out the brand new group she just launched for site members with diabetes - The Diabetic Corner:

http://www.diet.com/gather/?fuse=group_page&gid=00703

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Last edited by CSL-Bailey on Wed Jun 04, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Judy!! Laughing Laughing I'm so glad to have you as my friend here! Laughing Your are so sweet and kind. Wink You are inspiring to me, you never give up no matter what and you have some great advice to give too!
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

XO
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay!! Congrats!!! Mr. Green

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay Judy! Good for you.

tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WooHoo, Judy!!! you are definitely an inspiration to me!!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 2:54 am    Post subject: Awesome!! Reply with quote

Way to go Judy!! Wink You are making a difference! Keep up the great work.

Sandy

**Glad to have you on team ATHENA and as a friend.**

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Judy!

I am so glad you are finding your way. You are such an inspiration because you just never give up!
Very Happy
Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Judy, on being the featured member.

healthyme73

Total Posts: 47

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Judy!!!

Atay123

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Judy!!
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WAY TO GO JUDY!!!!! Very Happy
babybirdgirl

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Judy! You are definitely a valuable Member of this site! Glad you are here!!!

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? -Vincent Van Gogh

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com