Whatever     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pretycutekitty

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Whatever Reply with quote

I read some of the post on this web site/blog thing! I have to say I see myself in so many of them. It is disturbing to see all these unhappy people who complain about their weight but never really follow through and make change. I think that's me.... I complain about how disgusting I look and how I can't really even bend over anymore. I feel like a tick waiting to bust because I am a glutton and I know it. I sit on the couch watching all this crap on tv shoveling other crap in my mouth. I'm not even always hungry when I am doing this to myself. Self mutilation, I am killing my self! I am not yet forty, but I feel I could die any day. I have had extremely bad cholesterol since I was 18 yrs old. So for 20 years I have been collecting all this fat. The inside fat, the stuff you don't see that destroys your organs. Yeah that's me, no medical insurance, no statins, eat, eat, eat, no exercise. Why do I do this to myself? I recently tried to improve my chances of seeing grandchildren and quit smoking. Unfortunately I put on 15 pounds, pushing me over the dreaded 200 pound mark. So I'm thinking maybe I should try to do something about it. A blog seems like a good way to express your feelings without being over exposed. I mean no one reading this knows me, so I can't be judged. That's refreshing. I am going to do something to help myself and if writing on this helps me pave my way then so be it. And I am off....let's see what happens.
Spike99

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree pretycutekitty.

There are many folks on this world who complain about current things and NEVER do anything about it. They fail to apply tasks - to reach their target goal. YES. There are many people who want to be more then they currently are. For example, my BIL (Brother in Law). He loves welding but was NOT a certified welder. Being non-certified, he was unable to get the higher paying welding jobs. Being "fed up" on the way things were, he built a plan. And, put that plan into action. re: Attend night school courses and after a few short years, he was a fully certified welder. Not only "certified" but certified with today's newer techniques. Now, he makes much more yearly income. Dropping extra body weight goal is the same thing. RE: What tasks must be done "every day or ever other day" to reach one's weight loss goals? Yes. It takes time. Yes. It takes focus. And, Yes - it takes "tunnel vision" at times. For the short term, putting one's own goals above others is a good thing. And in the end, one's personal goal is obtained.

With this in mind, what spefic set of tasks do you currently have "into play"? What are you doing to reach your personal "desired body weight" goal? Complaining can be done by all folks. Only the dedicated put "thinking tasks" into action - to reach their goals. It's that simple.

Good luck in your daily tasks....
lovinglife1

Total Posts: 13

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the spirit! You go!!! Just make a short term goal you can achieve, when you see how great it feels to reach that goal, make another. Baby steps will take you there! Walking is a great start to weight loss, you can do that without any expensive equipment and makes you feel so good. Let us know how you are doing!
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree.

Short term baby steps.

I set mine to eat more veggies and fruit each day. That is my goal for the next week or so. I Hope to get it to become a daily, I will get grumpy if I don't have my veggies point. Smile

Then I will set a new goal. Smile

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
clairelv

Total Posts: 28

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:29 am    Post subject: Re: Whatever Reply with quote

[quote="pretycutekitty"]I read some of the post on this web site/blog thing! I have to say I see myself in so many of them. It is disturbing to see all these unhappy people who complain about their weight but never really follow through and make change. I think that's me.... I complain about how disgusting I look and how I can't really even bend over anymore. I feel like a tick waiting to bust because I am a glutton and I know it. I sit on the couch watching all this crap on tv shoveling other crap in my mouth. I'm not even always hungry when I am doing this to myself. Self mutilation, I am killing my self! I am not yet forty, but I feel I could die any day. I have had extremely bad cholesterol since I was 18 yrs old. So for 20 years I have been collecting all this fat. The inside fat, the stuff you don't see that destroys your organs. Yeah that's me, no medical insurance, no statins, eat, eat, eat, no exercise. Why do I do this to myself? I recently tried to improve my chances of seeing grandchildren and quit smoking. Unfortunately I put on 15 pounds, pushing me over the dreaded 200 pound mark. So I'm thinking maybe I should try to do something about it. A blog seems like a good way to express your feelings without being over exposed. I mean no one reading this knows me, so I can't be judged. That's refreshing. I am going to do something to help myself and if writing on this helps me pave my way then so be it. And I am off....let's see what happens.[/quote

ok . i want to know what you will do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com