Small success...     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 7:03 pm    Post subject: Small success... Reply with quote

Hi!

Just a small success...I overcame the desire to go to McDonalds for lunch today. Somehow over the years, McDonalds became my celebration food. If I wanted to celebrate something, go to McDonalds. If I was happy, go to McDonalds!

I am finally getting round to finishing up my living room decor. It's been a project without funding for a long time.

I am learning to adjust to healthier options (have some major health challenges).

Anyways, I talked myself out of McDonalds. I have food here to eat PLUS I am traveling in a few days. Chances are I will have to eat out while traveling...

Looking at the big picture, I decided to stay home and eat.

Lol - wouldn't you know it, the leftovers from last night were gone?? The green pepper I was going to eat was NOT organic? (I can really taste the difference between organic and not.) And to top all of that off, the chocolate didn't even taste good!!!

So it was chocolate milk and carrots for breakfast. And three tiny squares of dark, dark, chocolate.

Gotta figure out something for lunch though. I know dinner will be late tonight.

That was my small success today - not going to McDonalds and being happy enough to share the news.

Soon to be slender Sara!

Atay123

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job Sara. I know how tempting it can be to pass up some of your favorite foods, especially when you're hungry and need something quick. Keep up the good work!
camphikefish

Total Posts: 519

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Atay!

It's one small step and about 1700 calories that I did NOT eat!

For me, the food tastes terrible!

Going there is just an old habit from the yesteryears...

What was your success today?

Soon to be slender Sara!

rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those small successes are the best, aren't they? Way to go!!

moogiex

Total Posts: 91

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hubby and I used to do the same thing although when I was growing up my family celebration fast food place was Burger King.

Feels great to break those chains eh?
PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ever stop and think about how food habits are formed?

Or how you were introduced to fast food?

For me - well, the funny part is that I did not grow up with eating out. My first (memory recall) of fast food was when I was 15 and went with my friend & family to Six Flags. We stopped at McDonalds.

I was totally clueless!! I had no idea that you could stop, tell people what you wanted to eat, they cooked it, and off you go! (Yes, I felt really stupid, even after they explained it to me!)

When I was 16, I went to work at McDonalds. Not much choice...

I'd say just about every date I had back then, in the ten years to come, took me to McDonalds. (Now, it's just not allowed!)

It's weird how McDonalds became a part of my life. And a huge part of me (mainly the spare tire around the belly) wishes I had remained clueless about fast food.

Does anyone believe that the fast food is addictive? I guess, like maybe, the McDonalds french fries?

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm totally addicted to McDonald's fries. Soooo good when they are hot and salty. Embarassed

PennyShine

Total Posts: 98

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prior to the fries making to the restaurant, they add sugar. Their secret to success!!!

I order mine without salt. They are so chinzy, I usually only get the fry container half full.

Normally, this is cause for a discussion about money, value, customer service, doing the right thing. BUT I am trying to loose weight, so it does help me...

Sad, huh? I am getting ripped off and I find a bright side to it? Lol - just shows you where MY priorities are!

And if it really bothered me that much, I'd avoid McDonalds all together.

It's a trap of my own making...

In for a "Penny", out for a pound!
cmstewart401

Total Posts: 17

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job in not going to McDonalds. My newest reward is fruit. Im glad you decided not to induldge, even tho they have some good stuff like the parfiet and salads.

Keep up the good work its paying off

Cheryl

One day at a time............
sometimes babysteps are a good thing
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go! Sometimes the things that seem simple are the biggest challenges.

Today I stopped myself from reaching in the candy bowl at work. There was a peppermint patty calling my name. Very Happy

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com