Personal Trainer Experience?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1033

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:39 pm    Post subject: Personal Trainer Experience? Reply with quote

Hey Diet.commers! We are seeking stories from those of you who've had experience using personal trainers.

Have you ever employed a personal trainer? What was your experience? How did it help/ not help you?

Share your stories HERE!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Last edited by CSL-Bailey on Fri May 02, 2008 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:49 pm    Post subject: This I'd have to post about!! Reply with quote

Oh Goodness!! This I'd have to spend more time on. With all my experiences with a trainer, the last one defintely made me cry!

I'll post the story later!
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually went in to a gym owned by a friend of my bosses to check it out. Once he found out where I work and who my brother in law was (he did a couple of body building shows a couple of years ago and made a big impression) he offered to give me one week free and offered to act as my personal trainer for free too! It was great! I didn't have to think about what was next, or how much weight I needed, or even what rep I was on, and he was always there cheering me on or offering suggestions on how I could get more out of my workout. Unfortunately his gym was a little too pricey for me, but it was a great experience, and if I had the money, I would gladly do it again. He totally kicked my booty though!!

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience! I'd love to hear some more!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
:YeNNi:

Total Posts: 170

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put in my input on the other post of New to Diet.Com Wink I don't want to bore everyone by quadruple posting on here and everywhere haha

it'd be MEME all over the place if I did that ! Cool

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

CSL-Bailey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yenni - I read your post, thanks for sharing it with us! I think our video production team is fixing to do a feature on personal trainers! Your story will definitely help out. And possibly inspire others to get one themselves!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
moogiex

Total Posts: 91

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had mixed experiences with personal trainers but the most positive one was with one who was a former body builder. At first when a friend recommended him I thought that she was crazy. However, because of his past training, he made me think about all aspects of my fitness routine, especially nutrition, that I would not have thought about.

He also really helped me set up a good routine for weight training, how to use machines in specific ways, how to properly use free weights, and in general not feel so uncomfortable around the gym. Plus, he was very patient and helpful when I had a million questions.

This was about eight years ago but I still use his advice when I'm using free weights. I wish I could remember his name as he had a really great website too.
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one at Gold's that was not any good and another one that gave me info that I thought a trainer should be able to give.
I saw a story on one of the early morning shows one day... I was off sick... Anyway a woman ended up losing an organ and the doctor asked a lot of ?s to find out why. He finally figured that her personal trainer pushed her too far/too much. They showed that with just one hour on the internet a person can get a license to do this Shocked . That's not funny Sad
Final line.... ask questions about experience and creditionals. ..Judy
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had 2. The first one was a body builder and while he was good at the exercising he never discussed diet. He also seemed to be going through some issues outside of the gym and so I gave up on him after a couple months.

The second was great overall. I went to see her with my ex-husband. My ex had absolutely no plan to change his diet. When I discussed mine with her she really did not help me find ways to manage it very well. She was a great motivator in the gym and at times stood in awe that she couldn't make me do too many crunches... I could just crunch all day. LOL Even when she gave me weights to hold over my head. Guess it's because I have been doing sit ups since I was about 10. hehe Laughing Overall she was a good experience but once I really got to a good place my ex started dragging me down and I let him.

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com