Certain Trigger Foods..     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It
View previous topic :: View next topic  
caramiamt

Total Posts: 52

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:48 pm    Post subject: Certain Trigger Foods.. Reply with quote

Does anyone else have certain trigger foods that lead them to binge? Mine are weird like peanut butter and bananas..how about you?

A journey of 1,000 miles begins with one single step
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peanut butter, definitely, it's so easy to eat a lot because it's high-calorie. Cream cheese, even the light kind, I want to put it on everything and eat it until it is no more. Ice cream!! Sad

XO
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah peanut butter is a big one. Peanut butter and bananas are my favorite....right next to peanut butter and fluff. Oh and Kozy Shack Rice Pudding :sigh:

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about potato chips? It's hard to eat just a few! Nachos those are a tough one for me, too. I'm glad to see I'm not the only who has a problem with peanut butter. Sad

XO
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Swiss Cake Rolls
I know it's because when I was a kid and my mom put me on a diet I would stop at the store on the way home from school and hide them under my bed.

Ahh how we start on these journeys. Very Happy

I just know when I buy a box I must be prepared to eat the whole thing.

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
tigersi

Total Posts: 770

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wavy Lays Chips and Homemade Onion Dip. I just can't seem to stay away from it! I always make it when we barbeque because everyone else likes it and it takes the pressure off of having to have the main courses done immediately.

We tend to invite large groups of people over when we decide to bbq, and a lot of times they are people who have never met. So, it's kind of fun to see them all gathered around the chips and dip and seeing what conversations develop. I just can't be content watching, I have to be in there diggin' in with the rest of the group! Embarassed

Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.

THOMAS ALVA EDISON
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheese balls (any kind) pretty much all cheeses.
Carebear946

Total Posts: 120

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohh I'm with you, cheese is my demon. I will even go and take a piece of bread and just microwave a cheese slice onto it. Its my fav but wow carbs! LOL

Kerry
Stormy Moon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lindt truffle balls, I used to eat them till I felt sick for hours afterward. Now I can eat two or three and be happy. Very Happy

XO
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desserts! I loooove sweets!

~Sara
cocoroco

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheddar cheese is definately my trigger food. I recently have come to a conclusion though that i might actually be allergic to this. I keep breaking out with excema that itches intensly when i eat cheddar. It could actually be a dairy allergy but i have to experiment a little to figure this out. Its such a bummer cause i lovvvvvvvvvvvvvve cheese.
tleateal

Total Posts: 62

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smartfoods White Cheddar Popcorn. It will start with a craving that I will ignore for about a week and then 10-15 days straight with a new bag everyday.

Or Slushies. I use to have a Pepsi Slushie every morning, it was my coffee. I kicked that habit almost two months ago.

Sophie Hatter

Total Posts: 75

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: binge foods Reply with quote

It used to be nacho cheese doritos and clam dip. I could make up a batch of clam dip (can of clams, garlic and onion powder, pepper and sour cream) and eat it by myself. When I was pregnant with my daughter that was dinner.

White cheddar soy crisps... I will eat the entire bag.

Right before (or right after) my period I will just be hungry for something... I find myself nibbling on this and that trying to figure out what will stop the urge. I have discovered the thing that stops the nibblies in this case is smoked oysters.

Then there are just nibbly times. I just want a little bit of something! I just wish I could figure out what it is! I find myself eating a little of everything in the house trying to figure out if it is the right sweet/salty/creamy, etc combination.

Sophie
wanttodo

Total Posts: 205

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 10:41 pm    Post subject: binging Reply with quote

I could binge on potato chips, sandwitches, peanuts Sad . I avoid this now by eating one of these for a meal and if I feel I eat too much I clean clean clean to burn off calories Smile OR, go to the gym. The bottom line is avoiding "binge" ... I feel it is okay to have small amnt of whatever for meal, when I am hungry. Tonight I felt the urge to binge when I was hungry so I ate, then I worked, I cleaned Very Happy And I will now go back and clean some more Wink ... Later everyone.... Judy

rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:47 pm    Post subject: binge food Reply with quote

Always chips, any kind. I can't even buy them, because I will eat the whole bag. Evil or Very Mad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Getting Emotional - Let's Talk About It Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com