Cambridge Diet Sole Source     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tilly47

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 8:16 am    Post subject: Cambridge Diet Sole Source Reply with quote

Hi, I have just jointed Diet.com yesterday and wondered if anyone was on the Cambridge Diet Question How much weight have you lost and what programme are you on Question . I am on the Sole Source which i am finding quite difficult, i started the Diet on Monday 14th April and in only 2 days i have lost 4lbs. I have tried other diets but find that when i eat food i tend to over do it with the calories, i am on this programme for 4 weeks then i can have two shakes a day plus an evening meal, salad, pasta etc, cant wait as i could eat a piece of wood at momment.

Tilly

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my basic rules is: If I can't do it for life, I can't do it. If a diet is difficutlt you probably won't stay with it and if diets worked there wouldn't be so many!

Try portion control. It's a pain....but it's worth it. Some of the ways to do portion control are: 1) a smaller plate that fill only once. 2) Measuring and weighing your food. 3) ladles and servers that measure as you serve. You can get these at a restarant supply store.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen steffeysue!! That is my rule as well. If I can't do it for life, I can't do it. I had a conversation yesterday about this same topic with a co-worker. We both agreed that we wouldn't try anything that was too extreme. In most cases you gain the weight back plus extra pounds.

Take it slow so that your body has time to really adjust to the change.

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
ShannonKristine

Total Posts: 225

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah I have tried so many diets that I couldnt stick with and I always ended up heavier than before!
Tilly47

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="steffeysue"]One of my basic rules is: If I can't do it for life, I can't do it. If a diet is difficutlt you probably won't stay with it and if diets worked there wouldn't be so many!

Try portion control. It's a pain....but it's worth it. Some of the ways to do portion control are: 1) a smaller plate that fill only once. 2) Measuring and weighing your food. 3) ladles and servers that measure as you serve. You can get these at a restarant supply store.[/quote I have lost weight previously on portion control, calorie counting, but i have never been as heavy as i am at present Mad, i have no intention of staying on this diet for more than a month, i am on the sole source which is 3 shades a day, after 4 weeks i will add a salad meal to this programme, i want to get my weight down as quickly as possible, then to maintain my weight i will continue with swimming and running, the reason i have put so much weight on is because i moved from South London to Kent and have stopped using the gym and local swimming pool plus i practically live on the edge of a park, so i am not spending hours walking the dogs like i used to, i am sure all lack of exercise has not helped and getting older is another factor Crying or Very sad Thanks for all your advice ladies

Tilly

Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Throw off those shakes! Use the meal tracker instead.. EAT what you DESIRE to eat BUT be cautious about it too. The rule of thumb which is NO TO DEPRIVATION but also DO NOT OVER SPLURGE Smile

If you can't see yourself having shakes FOREVER, then, that's not the one for you Wink
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This dosen't sound like a good idea. Please eat real food in moderation, our bodies weren't designed for shakes. The action of chewing is good to have !!
u02saw4

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Cambridge Reply with quote

Hi

I'm on the Cambridge sole source. It is still my first week but I have lost 7 pounds in 4 days Very Happy It isn't VERY hard, more just the feeling that you miss food and if there are others in the house eating constantly then it is more upsetting! Laughing I only plan on doing this for 3 weeks then keeping up exercise which I also do. Its just so I can lose the weight quickly for a special occassion. I haven't felt ill expect for today but that is due to the lack of water I had taken. The only complaint I have about sole source is that the shakes are DISGUSTING and I only like 4 of the soups. This makes it difficult not to get bored or want to stray!! But they also do bars now... so instead of a shake I can have a bar! sounds like a plan...
leanne1982

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like another girl i havelost 7Ibs in 4 days which i think is brill as it hasnt been a struggle but wen i on other diets i tend 2 over eat wer as i no what i allowed with this diet n what i aint
Cyprusgirl

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Don't do it! Reply with quote

I did the Cambridge diet two years ago and I lost ten kilos over a period of two months which for me was almost a miracle. I loved the taste of the shakes, i was never hungry whilst on the Cambridge and I thought it was a dream come true. However almost AS SOON as i stopped the Cambridge supplements and TRIED to start eating normally again I felt like I had completely lost the plot and had the most CRAZY cravings for carbs which i never ever had before doing the Cambridge. The result is that two years on I have gained back the ten i lost PLUS another ten making me the heaviest I have ever been. I think that the Cambridge is great for a short period maybe to lose a couple of kilos for a special event for example but i think that any diet that is so low calorie for a long time can not have anything but negative impact on your metabolic rate. There were five of us who did the diet and four of us have had the same results,our one friend who is still ok is still taking cambridge supplements.
irenelly21

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Hello there! Reply with quote

Very Happy Hi guys, I'm new here. I'm glad I found this site and hoping more excitement and more ideas I will learn in everyone of us.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com