Diet vs. Lifestyle     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Diet vs. Lifestyle Reply with quote

I was reading an article online about dieting and they were comparing it to a lifestyle change. It said that dieting is when you get to your goal you suddenly stop and that it only involves surface level changes and obviously that is why you usually gain the weight back. While lifestyle change becomes a part of your daily life and you change your strategy to suit your circumstances. Lifestyle changes involve healthy changes not only with your food and exercise, but in your beliefs, attitudes, thoughts, and the feelings that made you over wieght. The results are long-lasting. I think we should all try to change our diet mentality and make changes we can live with forever. What are some ways we can do this?

XO
ollieseh

Total Posts: 264

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:40 pm    Post subject: diet vs. lifestyle Reply with quote

I totally agree with this article. I have dieted many times with some success only to gain back the weight plus. I think my mentality use to be 'let's diet and get this over with so I can go back to eating what I want'. Not very smart, but true. Now I am making changes that I can live with and not letting the scales determine my success. Now I define my success daily when I am in control of what I eat and choose healthy foods and when I am exercising. Small goals that I can sustain for a lifetime!!! For me I really feel like it is my mindset. This is for life, not just for now!

Patty -
"Seeds of discouragement cannot grow in a grateful heart."
Stormy Moon

Total Posts: 686

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's great! I am setting mini-goals too. And working on changing my mind not just my body! It sounds like your doing great! Keep it up! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

XO
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setting mini goals is the best!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com