Joined: 21 Jul 2015
Total Posts: 8
|Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:55 pm Post subject: 10 Minute Italian Chicken Stir Fry
|10 Minute Italian Chicken Stir Fry
Per Serving: Each serving has 316 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated), 27g carbs, 6g fiber, 27g protein, 244mg sodium
1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
½ cup pre-sliced, fresh mushrooms
1 tsp finely minced garlic
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried oregano
1 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables (or 3-4 cups fresh chopped vegetables)
2 cups cooked brown rice
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
½ cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
¾ lb skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in ¾ inch pieces
1. Prepare brown rice. While rice is cooking, place large skillet over high heat. Add oil, swirl to coat pan and heat oil until very hot.
2. Add chicken and stir-fry until lit loses pink color. With slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
3. Add vegetables and garlic to pan. Stir-fry until garlic fragrant, about 2 minutes.
4. Add mushrooms. Stir-fry another 2 minutes. Return chicken to pan.
5. Add basil, oregano and chicken broth.
6. Stir-fry until chicken is thoroughly cooked, about another 4 minutes.
7. Add cheese and toss. Season to taste with salt & pepper. Serve immediately over brown rice, including juices from the pan.
From: Stanford Health Care