Bad Breath     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
x126

Total Posts: 164

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:23 pm    Post subject: Bad Breath Reply with quote

My questions is, could bad breath be caused by not drinking enough water, and what else causes bad breath?

dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Acording to webmd, drinking water will help keep your mouth moist and thus help prevent bad breath.

Other causes include foods like garlic or onion, poor oral hygene, and gum disease. If drinking more water doesn't help you should talk to your dentest about it.

If you want more information webmd has quite a bit http://www.webmd.com/oral-health/guide/bad-breath?page=2

atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going on a diet that does not contain enough carbs can also cause bad breath and not the kind you get from garlic but the kind that starts in your stomach and does not go away even after a very good tooth, tongue and mouth scrub. No mints or gum take this away either.

When discussing this with my nutritionist she felt that if this occurs you should add some carbs back into your diet because this is a sign that something is not right in your system. Not sure if all other nutritionists would agree but adding a small amount of carbs back into my diet took the bad breath away almost immediately.

Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1040

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How interesting, ghgoddess! The things you learn on the diet.com message boards...

Keep up the great informing!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
mackadoodle

Total Posts: 1342

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ghgoddess wrote:
Going on a diet that does not contain enough carbs can also cause bad breath and not the kind you get from garlic but the kind that starts in your stomach and does not go away even after a very good tooth, tongue and mouth scrub. No mints or gum take this away either.

Yep, lots of people get bad breath when low-carbin' it. Yet another reason not to go extreme low carb, in my book.
atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mackadoodle wrote:
Yep, lots of people get bad breath when low-carbin' it. Yet another reason not to go extreme low carb, in my book.

It was very bad with my bf and we tried every kind of mint and gum and mouth wash. Took us weeks to figure out it was the lack of carbs. lol

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com