HELP...I hate breakfast!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pixielover

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: HELP...I hate breakfast!! Reply with quote

HELP...I hate breakfast!! I KNOW it is important and a great start to my day, blah, blah, blah but I truly hate breakfast foods. Can anyone help me with ideas for breakfast that are not breakfast like? To give you an idea of what I do not like about this meal, here is a list of my issues with the meal:

-I hate eggs
-oatmeal is boring
-breakfast meats are high in sodium and fat
-frozen waffles and toast get bland and boring day after day, besides I can't use butter bc it too is high in fat.
-fruit is filling only for a short amount of time
-donoughts, pastries, and syrup (need I say more)
-not a huge fan of cereal
-I don't drink milk (cow, soy, etc)

Now you can see, why I hate breakfast.

Do you have any ideas?
Rachel Leah

Total Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, there's no rule saying you can't have butter! if you like toast and want some for breakfast, a little pat of butter will keep you satisfied for a few hours (cause of the fat!) and will keep you away from the donuts & pastries. pair it with some fruit- trust me, you'll be full for a while.
star_diet

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Re: HELP...I hate breakfast!! Reply with quote

You really didn't give me much choice to help you! LOL! I have some ideas for you and I really hope it helps. If not, I will definitely look for some nice breakfast dishes for you from my breakfast collection recipes.

First, try Smart Balance for your butter it's filled with omega 3 and is less fattening. I really hate that you don't love breakfast.

How about ?

Blueberry bagels with strawberry cream cheese
Homemade waffles made with real fruit throw away the frozen waffles because theyARE bland.
Homemade cereal- I know you said oatmeal is boring but I made my own cereal that gives you a burst of energy. I put about 1 cup of oats, sliced apples, sliced grapefruits, raisins and soymilk. It was delicious. You should try it.

Trail mix bars are delicious for breakfast and a cup of orange juice.

I will give you more later. I hope this helps.

Star

pixielover wrote:
HELP...I hate breakfast!! I KNOW it is important and a great start to my day, blah, blah, blah but I truly hate breakfast foods. Can anyone help me with ideas for breakfast that are not breakfast like? To give you an idea of what I do not like about this meal, here is a list of my issues with the meal:

-I hate eggs
-oatmeal is boring
-breakfast meats are high in sodium and fat
-frozen waffles and toast get bland and boring day after day, besides I can't use butter bc it too is high in fat.
-fruit is filling only for a short amount of time
-donoughts, pastries, and syrup (need I say more)
-not a huge fan of cereal
-I don't drink milk (cow, soy, etc)

Now you can see, why I hate breakfast.

Do you have any ideas?
Question Question
CSL-Lauren

Total Posts: 487

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh dear! I absolutely LOVE breakfast and especially oatmeal - star's right, it doesn't have to be boring - i put almond slices, banana slices, blueberries, golden raisins and brown sugar in mine, with a splash of vanilla soy milk, but you know, you don't even need milk - you can eat it without! Oatmeal is like a blank canvas , a good base to make a masterpiece (breakfast)! Ok.. maybe that's a little too far.. maybe.

But anyway,

tetera's right, you don't need to have breakfast foods for breakfast. i would think it'd be good to get a combination of whole grains (for some long-lasting energy at the start of your day) and protein (to satisfy you in the morning)... whatever it is, i think the main point of breakfast being so important is that it revs up your metabolism (after a long night of fasting and holding on to calories) - Your metabolism is your body's process of burning calories, so if you have something to eat in the morning, your body will start using energy instead of conserving it!

How about a toasted whole-grain english muffin with peanut butter (or almond butter to change things up) and an orange on the side. orrrrr....

pita and hummus!

or...

whole wheat cous cous (so quick and easy to make!) with a dash of olive oil (for flavor and omega-3s) and hummus or some lean meats like some turkey slices.

or...

back to homemade cereal - you don' thave to stick to oatmeal - try other hot cereals out there and doctor them up with different fixings for flavor and color! be adventurous! Smile

Best Wishes,

CSL-Lauren Smile
x126

Total Posts: 164

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a smoothie and something else not so breakfast like?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com