Heavy limititations to exercise     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kyachan

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:29 am    Post subject: Heavy limititations to exercise Reply with quote

Hi,

I'm new and I was checking out the forums for more information and well came up blank. I'm really overweight mostly due to the meds and lack of activity that I've had to put up with for the past 2 years or so. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and they think I have a possible neurological condition that affects the muscles it's not MS but something else. IT does cause INTENSE pain if I do too much activity. Up till recently I managed tai chi but had a bad spell now even doing just the dinner dishes puts me in bed for a half a day in serious pain. THe doctors honestly are totally useless. They tell me to move around but when I do that the pain is blinding so I was hoping someone had some advice. I'm not the type of person that can lose weight without moving around. I do eat healthy but it's just not enough. Any help would be great thanks.
ready_to_soar

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

some physiotherapy might be good for you, check with your doctor. Also track your calories to make sure you are eating healthy AND in the right portions. I hope you feel better soon.

rmanley5

Total Posts: 394

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister has serious back problems due to a botched disc replacement surgery.She is in constant pain even with medication. She finds that she has less pain in the water, and although she cant do much, the water makes it easier for her to move around, perhaps some sort of aquatherapy might be possible for you.
There are programs geared to people with physical limitations, such as yoga, etc specifically geared to get you to move, in whatever form that might be.
See if there is a group geared to your diagnosis that could give you suggestions, I have MS and look to the NMSS for referrals and information.
Maybe there is something like that for your condition, where you could get some advice.
It is great that you have the motivation to try, don't give up!

mothball

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have you tried going natural there is a company called biotherm who do a medication called muscle ease - my mother had serious problems with her back and was it on and it helped her greatly

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com