TURKEY BURGERS     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
codyann

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: TURKEY BURGERS Reply with quote

WELL I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE HAS TRIED THE GROUND TURKEY OUT THERE.... WONDERING WHICH ONES ARE GOOD AND IF I WAS GOING TO BUY WHAT SHOULD I BUY? IM TRYING TO STAY AWAY FROM REDMEAT AND NEXT WEEK WOULD LOVE TO START EATING TURKEY BURGERS... ANY SUGGESTIONS IS WELCOMED THANKS Very Happy

~CodyAnn~

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look for one that doesn't have skin or fat. You just as well eat red meat if you are going to eat turkey skin.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
Breezy999

Total Posts: 503

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ground turkey is good and lean, but very bland. Expect to use more spices than you would for ground beef. It can also be very dry. I have a few friends who swear by ground turkey but they add a tablespoon of olive oil to the ground meat (per pound) before shaping their burgers...

dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE turkey burgers! I would just go for the lean kind though instead of the extra lean. The extra lean ummm .... probably could use olive oil as breezy said, if not a lot more. If you read down a few posts their is a supper yummy recipie for turkey burgers (although it takes a bit to prepare they are tasty and great to prepare ahead of time for a quick meal during the week).

Some other things to try are veggie burgers, they are preety good. There are alot of options, just be sure to read labels.

codyann

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANKS SO MUCH !!! YOU GUYS ARE ALL GREAT... THIS WEEKS SHOPPING LIST WILL INCLUDE TURKEY FOR SURE THANKS AGAIN

~CodyAnn~

lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend the Jennie-O brand of turkey products. Great stuff!

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
CSL-Lauren

Total Posts: 487

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2007 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm I absolutely LOVE turkey burgers. I've got to have one soon after reading this post! Smile

Best Wishes,

CSL-Lauren Smile
Laharl

Total Posts: 14

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one of the Jenny-O 1lb ground Turkey is 99% fat free WHOOO!! you could eat the whole pack and only get about roughly 4g of fat. I use it alot to make pasta with, yummy stuff.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com