Healthier eating....doesn't mean less eating     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
challengetutor

Total Posts: 7

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 8:05 pm    Post subject: Healthier eating....doesn't mean less eating Reply with quote

So I was watching some daytime talk show and Julian Michaels was on saying to make sure you don't lessen food intake just make smarter choices. Like instead of eating "fake" sugars and dye go for the naturally sweetened/colored foods.

Does anyone do this? How hard is it? I mean she even had "healthier" gummy bears colored with beet juice but she assured they don't taste like beets. I really want to try this because I already eat pretty healthy but it's not really helping too much with weight loss.
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1087

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It certainly can't hurt to put more natural things into your body than unnatural! "Smart" calories (i.e. nutritionally dense foods) are a better choice than empty calories... So 100 calories of natural fruit will be better for your body than 100 calories of junk food!

If you are willing to try new "natural" foods, like the beet gummies, then I say go for it! Smile Let us know if you end up trying them - or any other natural foods you've been curious about!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink
Brianna2962

Total Posts: 2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My only issue with eating natural food is they are either hard to find or too expensive if not insanely expensive! For example, a gallon of milk is 1.99 at CVS and a gallon of organic/natural milk is at $3+.

I hope there is a better way to eat more natural or find more natural food and a cheaper way too!
challengetutor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CSL-Bailey wrote:
It certainly can't hurt to put more natural things into your body than unnatural! "Smart" calories (i.e. nutritionally dense foods) are a better choice than empty calories... So 100 calories of natural fruit will be better for your body than 100 calories of junk food!

If you are willing to try new "natural" foods, like the beet gummies, then I say go for it! Smile Let us know if you end up trying them - or any other natural foods you've been curious about!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Trying it isn't the problem. I'm definitely willing to try it out if it's healthy. The problem I'm having is FINDING these items lol I would LOVE some healthy gummy bears
challengetutor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brianna2962 wrote:
My only issue with eating natural food is they are either hard to find or too expensive if not insanely expensive! For example, a gallon of milk is 1.99 at CVS and a gallon of organic/natural milk is at $3+.

I hope there is a better way to eat more natural or find more natural food and a cheaper way too!

I know right! But for me I don't mind paying a little extra for something natural with no additives, etc.

But yes finding it is very difficult for me. I just had the greatest idea if there was an app that helped locate natural items, etc. at the best prices that would be AWESOME. Maybe I can get with one of those App Factory or Xamarin and take a shot at it myself.
activeash

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't agree more. I read a great article talking about how many calories I should eat- http://www.beachbody.com/beachbodyblog/nutrition/ask-the-expert-how-many-calories-should-i-be-eating It's important to remember that you need to change your calorie intake depending on how active your lifestyle is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com