Eating Meals     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sara_Toth

Total Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Eating Meals Reply with quote

So I've been trying to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks a day, but this morning I'm just not hungry. Should I still try to eat if I'm not hungry?

steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great question!! Yes, eat something lite! Have a piece of fruit, or small cereal, dry toast, etc. If you have something to eat now, you won't get the starvings later and go overboard. Which is pretty much the whole point. Keep your fat burning up and the hungries, down.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if all you can manage is a banana, eat something. Your body will get used to it, and eventually you'll want breakfast. I used to be a breakfast skipper too, but now that I'm eating in the mornings, I actually feel hungry within about half an hour from when I get out of bed.

And by eating breakfast, I'm way less likely to overeat and lunch and dinner and I feel more alert and emotionally stable in the mornings. I find that generally, actually. By eating at regular intervals, I have more energy and my moods are much more stable.

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
Sara_Toth

Total Posts: 123

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did manage to eat a ww english muffin with pb and jam. I try to eat breakfast every morning, I think I've only missed one or two in the past month. Some days I just don't feel hungry at all though.

dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are not hungry at any point during the day (including mornings) but know you should be eating something eat something small. A piece a fruit, a dannon light and fit smoothie excetra. It helps your body's metabolism kick in and keeps you from binging latter. Most mornings I just grab a granola bar and a dannon smoothie on my way out the door so that I put something in my stomach early, I am not normally hungry at this time, but If I don't eat then (7 am) I will probably not get a chance to eat until 10 or 11 and I will overeat. Same goes for lunch. I usually eat a larger meal at 10 -11 and then am in class until 3 pm I don't really get hungry by this time but I eat a piece of fruit so that when my next class finishes at 7 pm I don't overeat. I also eat something small at night if I have an early dinner (not too often because I am usually in school until late and then go to the gym) but eating a piece of fruit at 10 or 11 ish pm if the last meal I ate was around 7-8 keeps me from feeling hungry at night or overdoing it in the morning. Your stomach usues energy to digest, the more time you keep it turning around food the higher your metabloism (at least thats my theory).

kattycoffey02

Total Posts: 41

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a hard time making myself eat breakfast because it often upsets my stomach if I eat much. Generally yogurt and a granola bar or banana is my limit and sometimes I can only have one of them but it's something...and something is better than nothing when it comes to breakfast.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Eating Healthy - Member Tips and Advice Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com