How many diets have you tried?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dietdebate

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:08 pm    Post subject: How many diets have you tried? Reply with quote

Some time ago i realised that there were loads of diet forums and information on the web however there was no definative location where people could rate the effectiveness of the diets and hence give other dieters an impression how good or bad a diet is!

What i have created is a diet website that lists roughly 18 of the most popular avaliable diets. From Atkins to the Zone, each diet page contains information on the specific diet, a few useful links and a very special voting system!

For each diet you can vote on various aspects of the diet plus you can also view the results of each specific diet to see what other voting visitors thought! This way you can reach an unbiased view (based on other peoples experiences) on the various listed diets.

If you could visit and vote on any diets listed that you have tried it would be greatly appriciated. The site address is: www.dietdebate.co.uk

Obviously if anyone has any suggestions id love to hear them.

Thanks Smile
Sara_Toth

Total Posts: 123

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've really only tried one "official diet", its was the lo-carb diet, and suprisingly for the short amount of time that I was on it, it actually worked. But I was in university at the time, so it was hard to have a bablanced diet without the carbs.

karen1123

Total Posts: 815

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diets are designed to fail . . .
Too bad there isn't a "watch what and how much you eat and move alot more" diet. Smile
I despise the word diet now. At least in the context that it is used by fad diets that don't work and are basically robbing people of their money and/or hurting/killing them in the long run . . .

Just had to add my two cents . . .

Karen

Don\'t go out of your weigh to please anyone but yourself.

Bird77

Total Posts: 827

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sara_Toth wrote:
I've really only tried one "official diet", its was the lo-carb diet, and suprisingly for the short amount of time that I was on it, it actually worked. But I was in university at the time, so it was hard to have a bablanced diet without the carbs.

Sara, that's because there isn't a balanced diet without carbs. You can reduce your carb intake if you tend to overload on themóbut that's really getting back into balance. What you should be doing is eating complex carbs (whole grains and other whole foods) instead of processed carbs. That's a different story.

So many of these diets are about anything but balance. It's no wonder people give up!

In these days, a man who says a thing cannot be done is quite apt to be interrupted by some idiot doing it.
- Elbert Hubbard
dalyceh

Total Posts: 592

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A majority of diets totally eliminate something. Anything that does that is destined to fail as soon as someone feels deprieved (i.e. 1 week maybe??)

There has been a move to some things that are "diet" related that make more sense, (i.e. I love lean cuisine they have foods w/ vegetables precooked fore me... BUT I am not on the lean cusiene diet ... I just treat it like normal food with calories/fat/ and nutrients).

For $10 bucks I'll sell you my diet book....

Nah I can write it here for free....

Eat a reasonable amount of a variety of things ... move your butt loose weight... Calories in < Calories out (not meaning burn every calorie you take in doing extersize... thats a medical disorder and needs help... BUT eat less "extra" calories than you burn)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com