Calculating Calories     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dahl28

Total Posts: 4

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Calculating Calories Reply with quote

Does anyone have a good way to calculate calories in a recipe? For example say I make a whole lasagne or a casserole, is there a website, or maybe somewhere on this web sight that I can't find, were I can go plug in all the ingredients and then determine the calories, fat and vitamins in one serving? I can't always fallow a recipe that I find on line because I don't always have all the ingredients and I also kinda hate feeling restricted by recipies. How does everyone else do it?
marty82

Total Posts: 138

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're making a whole dish, you can enter all of the ingredients in the meal tracker here at diet.com, and it will give you a total number of calories in the entire dish. If you can determine how much of that dish is a serving, for example with a lasagna, if you cut it into 12 pieces, just divide the total calories, fat, etc., by 12, and that will give you the nutritional information for just one serving.
Just an idea!!! Wink

rayychill

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you just google search "calorie calculator" with your specific ingredient, there's a ton of sites with great info

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Diet Reviews - Discussions and Opinions Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com