Oatmeal diet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
obeseteen

Total Posts: 16

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 1:52 pm    Post subject: Oatmeal diet Reply with quote

Hi everyone, please let me know what you think witht this diet i made for myself and if it is healthy.

Breakfast:
1 glass of water before eating
oatmeal with non fat milk
banana
1 glass of water

Lunch:
1 glass of water
Oatmeal with nonfat milk
Apple
1 glass of water

Snack:
0% fat yogurt
3 - 5 pieces of plain crackers

Dinner
1 glass of water
Oatmeal with nonfat milk
1 glass of water

Snack:
1 glass non fat milk

I'll be doing this 6 days in a week and on sundays will eat regular foods of course in moderation
steffeysue

Total Posts: 1553

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like about 600 calories with no vegetables, very little protein, and extremely devoid of vitamins and minerals.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
kathleend1

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know. It seems lacking in some foods that give you other nutrients your body needs (veggies and protein).

troopermom

Total Posts: 273

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eating this way will put your body into what is called starvation mode. It will cause the exact opposite effect that you want and will actually make it harder to lose weight because your body will think it is starving. Unless you are a vegetarian (and then you need to eat a little differently), you need a certain amount of food from each food group to from a healthy balance. Most people should not go below 1200cal per day. There is a formula you can use to determine what your daily calorie intake should be and then just reduce it by 300-500 perday and you should lose about 1lb a week just by diet. If you exercise you will even more. If you are interested in becoming healthy and losing weight for the long run and not just a quick fix I'll be glad to go over the basics with you. Cool
lifematters

Total Posts: 796

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your plan is dangerous and unhealthy. Please don't do what I did when I was younger and wreck your metabolism and make it EVEN HARDER to lose weight.

"Life has to be a little nuts sometimes. Otherwise it's just a bunch of Thursdays strung together." Burroughs
steffeysue

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you like your hair and nails, don't do this diet. Your hair will fall out and your nails will break. You will do a lot of damage to your heart, it is a muscle and requires feeding just like the other muscles of your body. This diet is not just unhealthy, it is destructive.

The miracle is not that I finished the race, it is that I had the courage to start. --John Bingham and Steffeysue
obeseteen

Total Posts: 16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing is, I don't eat vegetables that much. I only eat carrots, potato and lettuce.
ptypopsicl

Total Posts: 576

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you tell us why you do not eat many vegetables? If it is because you think you don't like them but have never tried them, lots of teenagers feel this way--- and if you try some good veggie dishes, you might be surprised to see how much you really do like them!

If you've tried lots of veggies but don't care for them, let us know what you've tried and what you didn't like. Changing the way a vegetable is prepared can go a long way in helping you like them. Take me, for example. I positively hate frozen broccoli and won't touch the stuff. But fresh broccoli, lightly steamed and tossed with olive oil and garlic, well, I can't get enough of the stuff.

There are a lot of different veggies and many creative ways to cook and serve them. If you let us know what you like and don't like, I am sure you will get lots of delicious suggestions!
Big AL 7

Total Posts: 11

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Here are some idea's Reply with quote

Although it sounds like a good idea it just won't work there really is no quick fix for dieting. It is eating right and working hard.
I tried grapefruit diets when I was younger or just not eating...and i always ending up just gaining more and more weight.
Plus if you eat the same thing all the time you will feel really deprived and the cravings will be worse.

While in mexico I lived with a lady who ate chicken everyday and since I lived there and only one meal was cooked for the family I ate chicken everyday...I thought I was going to start laying eggs after a few months I was so sick of chicken!

You need to plan well balanced meals and snacks- there are meal plans and recipes on this website Wink

Now about the veggies, you can be creative with what you do like. You can make a nice chicken soup with potatoes and carrots for example.
Some chopped garlic, chopped carrots, chopped potatoes, low fat and low sodium chicken stock and of course some bonless skinless chicken, I like a little bit of fresh cilantro ( you can choose which herbs you like).
Now I love vegies so I would be adding, broccoli, peas in the pod,and baby zucchini to that.

Something else I like is to munch on some frozen fruit with fat free yogurt mixed it....its a nice cold treat and healthy snack.

Another idea is make a list of foods that you do like and use them to create your own healthy recipes.
CaptainCabo

Total Posts: 151

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 7:46 am    Post subject: Re: Oatmeal diet Reply with quote

obeseteen wrote:
Hi everyone, please let me know what you think witht this diet i made for myself and if it is healthy.

Breakfast:
1 glass of water before eating
oatmeal with non fat milk
banana
1 glass of water

Lunch:
1 glass of water
Oatmeal with nonfat milk
Apple
1 glass of water

Snack:
0% fat yogurt
3 - 5 pieces of plain crackers

Dinner
1 glass of water
Oatmeal with nonfat milk
1 glass of water

Snack:
1 glass non fat milk

I'll be doing this 6 days in a week and on sundays will eat regular foods of course in moderation

Let me ask you this simple question. Is this a kind of healthy diet that you can follow for the rest of your life? If your answer is no.....then you know this diet is not right.

I recommend you read the South Beach Diet Book by Dr. Arthur Agatatson. That is a great diet book and cookbook. Food is fantastic and you will lose weight.
honeybear1461

Total Posts: 148

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there, I don't mean to sound like I am putting you down or anything but as the others have said it really isn't a healthy, balanced diet.

The only good thing about this diet is that you are including 6 out of the 8 glasses of water that you should drink each day. Smile

I like you have been eating under the 1000 calories and everyone has told me it isn't good....I know that BUT I wasn't losing weight on 1500 calories so dropped it another 500 +. The difference is that I am eating vegies, cheese, fruit, meat, pasta and bread, I am just not having any added fat. I do know I need to add more dairy.

Try to at least add some protein and more fruit and please try some vegies.

Take care of yourself, I lost a lot of my eyesight in my early 20's cos I only at one meal a week and drank water to fill up on every other day. I ended up losing 84 pounds in 9 months but am paying for it for the rest of my life with poor vision.

Jennylee

steffeysue

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should also know, that there is a recent study trying to determine why birth defects have been rising. . . .turns out, fat is to blame! No, no, no, not the kind you are thinking of.. ...Not enough fat is to blame!! Fat is an essential part of our nutritional needs. Good fats are good! Babies need as much as 50% fat in their first year to survive. Woman need to provide the fat to their unborn babies to prevent birth defects.

Stepping off the soapbox, again.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com