Rice Diet     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnnaBegonia

Total Posts: 48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:12 pm    Post subject: Rice Diet Reply with quote

Has anyone here tried the "Rice Diet" it is supposed to be a healthy way to lose a lot of weight. This is what I read on it. Anyway, I've decided to give it a try and today is my first day on it. So far it is a little after 11am and I'm not hungry (ate breakfast around 8am) but my weight gain has nothing to do with hunger. I am an emotional eater and get obsessive about food. I was upset about an hour ago and was so desperate to go eat something. Instead I stood in front of a full length mirror and just looked for a few minutes and talked myself out of eating for that reason. If only I could control those urges, it would be so easy. I'm looking to change my lifestyle, not just lost a few pounds. But at 195, I just want to get something to get the ball rolling on changing my eating habits. I had oatmeal and an apple for breakfast... Lunch will be rice and two pieces of fruit. I'm also taking a multi vitamin and drinking lots of water. I know a lot of people would think 135 pounds at 5'5" would be awful, but I so want that and think it would be fabulous!

Anyway, if anyone has tried the rice diet please let me know. I've never really followed a diet other than trying to not over eat, but at 195... Well, I really want to stop eating the foods I'm eating, not just not overeat. I want a healthy diet and save the junk "pizza--burgers--etc..." for special nights out with the family rather than a typical meal.

thanks for any help...

Anna

"The Rice Diet Program in Durham, North Carolina, was one of the first medical facilities in America to use diet as the primary way to treat disease. On this high-complex-carb, low-fat, and low-sodium whole-foods diet, "Ricers" lose weight faster, more safely, and more effectively than people on any other diet. Men lose on average twenty-eight to thirty pounds and women on average nineteen to twenty pounds per month! The Rice Diet also detoxes your body, ridding it of excess water weight and toxins from processed foods and the environment. The program's results have been documented by extensive studies and confirmed by thousands of people who report amazing weight loss, as well as immediate improve-ment in such conditions as heart disease, diabetes, and hypertension. After all the other diets out there have failed them, people find that the Rice Diet is the one that finally works -- for good.

Here's how it works: The Rice Diet strictly limits salt and sodium-rich ingredients. Salt, like refined sugar, is an appetite stimulant, so when you reduce salt intake, you lose water weight and are less inclined to overeat. The Rice Diet also limits saturated fats and instead relies on carbohydrates (fruits, vegetables, grains, and beans) as the main source of nutrition. The fiber cleanses your system and satisfies you so you feel full quickly. The Rice Diet makes it easy to limit calories; when you're eating foods that truly satisfy your hunger, it's a challenge to eat 1,500 calories per day!"
ptwonline

Total Posts: 140

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don;t know much about that diet, but it seems to encourage some very good things: eat more fruit and vegetables, more fiber, limits saturated fat and sodium, and limiting caloric intake.

I suppose that other things could have been done instead of rice, but rice is easy, plentiful, and popular.

Let us know how it works out, and if it seems like something you can stick to (no rice-pun intended!)

AnnaBegonia

Total Posts: 48

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

actually it isn't just rice you have to eat, you can substitute other starches instead of rice, like beans, oatmeal, potato, cereal (there was a list to choose from and of course certain portions)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com