45 lbs. gone and I did it all by myself!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Denisey143

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 3:03 pm    Post subject: 45 lbs. gone and I did it all by myself! Reply with quote

Razz Hey everyone! Where are all my friends on here?!?!! Are we all taking a break from this heat!?! Just updating because last time I was on, I was down 39lbs. Time to update cause I am now down 45 altogether! I've done this all by myself! Someone in my last post asked how I did it and Sorry I didn't respond, I haven't been on here in a long time. I am being asked this ? alot because it is noticable that I've lost! I basically eat more fruits/veggies/stirfrys. DRINK LOTS OF WATER. Water helps. I drink between 8-10 cups a day. I also exercise like 4-5x a week. Motivation, determination, and willpower are all keys. Please feel free to comment. I miss u guys so much! I am here for all of you, and remember NEVER GIVE UP! ciao! Wink

~~No turning back~~ If you fall off one day, hop right back on! *Thinner days are ahead* We can do this! Smile
bdparker1

Total Posts: 153

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject: Re: 45 lbs. gone and I did it all by myself! Reply with quote

Hey Denisey143

I guess the heat has slowed us all down a bit Very Happy , i haven't been on the boards for a minute myself, but it sounds like you are on the right track. Hey your motivation, determination and willpower has definitely helped you continue to reach your goals, way to go girl Exclamation

You are an inspiration to all and thanks for being there.

Bridgette

"Let us strive to improve ourselves, for we cannot remain stationary; one either progresses or retrogrades."
Mme. Du Deffand
Denisey143

Total Posts: 56

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks bridgette! Haven't heard from u in a while and i was thinking of you! take it easy in this heat! I'll be here for u guys! WoooHOO!!!! hope to hear from u soon, and remember, hop back on, just never give up! Exclamation Exclamation Wink

~~No turning back~~ If you fall off one day, hop right back on! *Thinner days are ahead* We can do this! Smile
littlewitch12003

Total Posts: 29

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:38 pm    Post subject: way to go Reply with quote

hearing things like how much you have lost is such an inspiration to all of us. and to me any lose in a year is much better then a gain Very Happy keep going good girl. i have gone down 16.6 pounds and have along way to go but if you can then i can do it too. keep use all updated

elaine
Henser

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:37 am    Post subject: How I motivate myself and keep determination and willpower Reply with quote

I agree that motivation, determination and willpower are the key elements in sucessfully maintaining a weight-loss programme. I started my weight-loss plan two weeks ago and have, so far, lost six pounds (out of my target loss of 56 pounds!).

In order to keep my motivation, determination and willpower going, I have found that as soon as I get this overwhelming urge to binge eat at night, I go upstairs and take a long, hard look at my body shape. I deliberately recall all those embarassing moments when a zip burst or I couldn't fit into 'normal' clothes and how I hated and loathed myself at those times. Then I make myself remember how much I BADLY want to lose all this weight.

I make myself think about these things for at least five to ten minutes and then I make myself think of how good it will feel when I can finally walk into a room full of people and not feel self-loathing for my body.

I find that after really thinking hard like this, my batteries are juiced up again and I can even take a certain satisfaction in not giving in to my cravings. Even at this early stage, already I can just about close the last buttons on my shirts. This, for me, is incredibly exciting.

One thing I do know - it takes time to develop a habit (I believe it's something like 21 days to form certain types of habits). I've spent all my adult years developing the habit of binge eating at night time. If I can continue with my positive thinking plan, I honestly believe that it will get easier in a few weeks time. I've never waited that long before to prove my theory, but this time I fully intend to. I hope this helps someone else.
changinlife

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Denisey143

I am new to this just signed up a couple of days ago. It is so hard to lose a couple of pounds. It's awesome that you have lost 45. Girl you are working hard. Be proud. It was so great to read what you wrote it just made me want to do this that much more. Sometimes we think it is impossible, but then when we here messages like that it gives us strength. Thank you, and God Bless You.

Stephanie Very Happy
AnnaBegonia

Total Posts: 48

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome!!! This really gives us inspiration Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 50 to 100 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com