Fresh Start All*Stars TOP CHALLENGER Announced!!     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page 1, 2  Next  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CSL-Bailey

Total Posts: 1046

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Fresh Start All*Stars TOP CHALLENGER Announced!! Reply with quote

As you know, the Fresh Start All*Stars Challenge (our FIRST EVER All*Stars challenge) concluded last week after an awesome 9 weeks of incredible participation amongst both our teammates AND candidates.

Dozens and dozens of you participated in this challenge, but by the end there could only be one winning team and ONE Grand Challenge MVP!

The winning team was announced last week - congratulations to all Team Athena teammates! You pulled ahead for good and beat out Team Artemis!

Each teammate on Team Athena received a 3 month FREE premium membership to Diet.com! AND even the candidates were awarded - every candidate for Team Athena was awarded a 1 month FREE premium membership! Pretty cooooool!

And now...

for the announcement....

that we've ALLLLL been waiting for....

...the Grand Challenge MVP!!!

We received some really incredible narratives at the end of this challenge, from challengers who worked so hard this past 9 weeks- working to help themselves and working to help their teammates! From those incredible
narratives- and based on challenge participation, premium membership status,and before and after pictures- we've pulled a winner!!!

Congratulations to....

.... babybirdgirl!!!!

You've won!!!!! WHOOOHOOOOO!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! As part of babybirdgirl's exclusive Grand MVP prize pack, she'll receive:

- A fabulous gift basket from Dr. Tabor's Slim & Beautiful Diet, valued at $1,000. Delicious protein-packed foods and snacks from Dr. Tabor to help you finally lose the weight!

- A pair of SpringBoost Motion sneakers (a value of $140.00)!

WOW-ZA!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked

Congrats again babybirdgirl (Kim!) - we are all VERY proud of you. Here is her awesome narrative:

"What an exciting FRESH START ALL STAR Challenge we have just finished! I am amazed at how much I have transformed my life these past nine weeks. At the very second that I thought that I could not do one more lunge or squat, a determination and drive came over me that I must say, some days, I'm not sure where it came from! I had struggled to see fast results in the past, and I would have always just given up. Before, giving up was my only option that I thought I had. Today, giving up would never even enter into my mind! Today, giving up is not an option!

I cannot even imagine the "old" Kim now. I don't know that fat girl in my "Start" picture. She was sick and unhealthy, fat and tired, sad and frustrated, but she still kept devouring foods that would go on to make her fatter and even more unhealthy. It's amazing the damage we keep doing to ourselves. I believe the Fresh Start All Star Challenge was the necessary kick that I needed to continue my weight loss goals and to keep me on track through the Spring and right up to Summer.

I learned many things throughout this challenge. I learned that my shy days of hiding in the corner are OVER! Way over! I learned that I am done sitting on the beach with sweats and a long sleeved shirt, afraid of ridicule, stares and laughs from the skinny people! I'm not done living and those around me are just going to have to accept me for what and who I am, because I do now. I'm not perfect, but I've learned that there are many people on Diet.Com that don't care. They accept me for who I am, faults and all. And to find that so many people have opened up their arms to me has just been such an emotional ride to be quite frank. Why? Because acceptance from others was rare. Oh I get it. Because I had so many hang ups about my weight, it was tough for anyone to want to be a friend to me. Friends have been few and far between. I mean, I don't blame people, my self esteem was not to be found. Who wants to be around someone like that? I justified my "alone" time by thinking that I didn't deserve friends. I always knew that I was a good person. A big hearted person. Why didn't anyone want to share it? Again, I get it now. This Challenge has opened my eyes to all of my denials and destructive lifestyle ways!

During the 9 week Challenge, I lost 19.4 pounds. I was very active on this site. I went to Florida during the challenge, but I didn't have a personal computer to log on and blog. BUT, I participated every week in message boards, every motivational question and every candidate selection! I think my consistency has made me the top choice for the MVP of this Challenge. I have motivated Members to keep going and not give up through private messaging and blogs. I think many younger Members can look up to me as I have kept up with the 20 somethings in Challenges. I am over 40 and I would like to see one of the "older" challengers win to represent the "over 40" generation out there that don't think that we can lose the weight. I think Diet.com is the perfect media representation to promote that it is never too late to make a "FRESH START" at any age, but especially over 40. It IS true that we have different obstacles and hurdles to overcome. Yet for me, I never use age as a reason for failure or success. It's just a factor in the weight loss equation is all!

I was extremely successful with the mini challenges that was offered during this challenge. It also spurred me on to promote challenges to my co-workers to strive for exercise, healthy eating, hydration and fitness. I too, offered prizes for the winners. I took the responsibility upon myself to "pay it forward". I think that is the best compliment I can give to Diet.com. You showed me the way, and now, I want to show others the way through you! Thank you for the inspiration.

I was not very good at exercising in the morning during this Challenge. Statistics show that the morning is the best time to exercise and I would agree. However, I was only able to actually exercise in the morning for only 5 times. My workout time each night is from 6:30 - 7:30. I just do better at night. Yet, I feel like I could have exercised in the morning and pumped up my metabolism for the entire day. Well, that is one thing that I will focus on in the coming weeks, as I continue with my weight loss goals. I am 5 pounds from my current goal. I cannot be happier! Actually, I don't think I can even describe the emotions I am feeling right now. I keep staring at my "Start", "Middle" and "After Fresh Start All Star Challenge" pictures. I am simply in awe of what I look like now. I mean, I don't mean to be vain or self absorbed, I just cannot believe the transformation. My "dream" of losing those 50+ pounds was so overwhelming to comprehend several months ago. Sure, I didn't lose 100+ pounds like Tracie or Shannon, but I feel just as accomplished as them. My personal accomplishment of losing over 50 pounds FEELS like a hundred pounds lifted off of my shoulders! I have certainly felt the pressure bearing down:

The pressure to fit in.
The pressure to be thin.
The pressure to to win.
The pressure to feel good in my own skin.

All of the above!

I did really well with writing down my daily calories and journaling most days. This is what I feel is the the #1 reason for my weight loss success. I wrote every crumb down. I also did very well with drinking LOTS and LOTS of water (with lemon). Also the best thing that I could have done. I increased my fiber intake and I was very consistent with that. I faithfully blended my 140 calorie smoothie at work each day. (Well until I would run out of supplies, then I'd have to restock).

I was very good with eating breakfast. A feat that only Diet.com can have credit. Until coming to this site, breakfast was out of the question. I never ate breakfast. Now, another reason for my success. I cannot believe the amount of energy and how much better I feel when I eat breakfast now. I guess those experts were really on to something with that one!

Final thoughts, as I know this is very long. I'm so overwhelmed with pride and accomplishment though. So please forgive me!

Here is my advice to current and prospective Diet.Com Members:

1. Blog when you can
2. Ask questions. There is definitely someone on this
site that can help you out.
3. Journal daily
4. Use the Trackers! (Most important tip!)
5. Find a Diet.com Buddy or buddies and lose the
weight together.
6. Find out what the successful dieters are doing.
Trust me, they have figured out a thing or two
about weight loss and don't reinvent the wheel,
use their tips and diet advice.
7. Don't take anybody's comments personal. People
don't know what that one trigger is that might
offend you. Nobody means it, but it does happen
on rare occasions.
8. Find different foods to try. Re-try a healthy
food that you have disliked in the past. Perhaps
you'll like it now. That has happened to me
time and time again. And, you will increase your
food options so boredom does not occur.
9. Speaking of boredom, if you start to slip due to
boredom, change up your routine. Although this
might not work for everybody, I change my fitness
routine every 2 weeks. It is what I have found that
works for me. Do what you can to chase boredom
away.
10. And finally, make it FUN! Exercise, eating
healthy and changing your lifestyle for the better
need not be painful. Take it one day at a time
enjoy this adventurous journey that you are on!

Thank you for all of the support that Diet.com has provided to me. NOBODY pushes me towards success better than Diet.com. I love you Diet.com!

Kim
BabyBirdGirl"

Thank you so much to everyone who participated in the Fresh Start All*Stars Challenge! It was an exciting ride, and I was so glad to be a part of it. If you're bummed about the conclusion of this challenge, cheer up! Diet.com will begin a fun summer 2008 challenge in the coming weeks!

Stay tuned to http://www.diet.com/weight_loss_challenge to keep up-to-date on that info.

Thanks again to the Fresh Start participants! You've each made leaps and bounds towards achieving
your fitness and health goals!!

And a special thanks AND congratulations to all of the incredible teammates who submitted their final narratives. Each of them were SO inspiring, and I am SO proud of each of you. Here are some stats to check out about those other challengers who submitted narratives:

missmomofkja: Lost 6 lbs this challenge - beating her goal by 1 pound!!

caramiamt: Lost 13 lbs this challenge!

cocoroco: Lost 12 lbs this challenge!

atay123: Lost 15.5 lbs during this challenge!!

Don't forget to congratulate these ladies, as well as all the other challenge participants!

I look forward to our next challenge everyone! I hope you're excited as well!!

All the best,
CSL-Bailey
Wink

Last edited by CSL-Bailey on Fri Sep 05, 2008 2:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
babybirdgirl

Total Posts: 201

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SOOOOO much! I am so excited! I just can't believe this.

Thank you Diet.com for challenging me to be my very best every day. You have inspired me beyond imagination!

Super BIG hugs!!
Kim

What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything? -Vincent Van Gogh
DL21Smith

Total Posts: 314

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow!! Great job and congratulations Kim!!

Don't think you can. KNOW YOU CAN!
Ave and Evs mom

Total Posts: 45

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim I am so proud of you that is great! YOur hot and you won, life couldnt get better, what a way to start the summer off right! I am so super duper whozas triple jump with a half flip in mid air ( I really cant do that ehehehe) proud of you!

Jessica
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Kim!!! You totally deserve it!! And I will definitely use you as an inspiration for the rest of my journey!! Enjoy!!!! Very Happy

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
missmomofkja

Total Posts: 212

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh and congrats caramiamt, coco and atay....you ladies did awesome loosing that much weight!!!

"Knowing is not enough; we must apply.
Willing is not enough; we must do."
stown

Total Posts: 297

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Kim!!! Smile You deserve it!!!
Sandy Wink Wink
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

"Perseverance is not a long race; it is many short races one after another."
Kasssy

Total Posts: 156

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:36 am    Post subject: Lots of love! Reply with quote

I wasnt able to send in my narrative because i was at the beach and there wasn't any wifi! Sad boo but I want to tell you all that I'm very glad about that challenge! I may have counted the days and was really a bit panicky but all throughout the challenge..

1. I WAS ABLE TO BREAK THE PLATEAU and lost 10 lbs to a grand total of 30 lbs since we had all these challenges.

2. Confidence to just go ahead and flaunt it!

3. 5k fun run

4. more confidence to just go ahead and try something new - Surfing!

5. Jump off a 35 feet waterfall

and my immune system boosted up. Thank you so much!!

BUT! KIM ROCKED THE HOUSE! CONGRATULATIONS!!! Smile) Here's one great huge tight hugs and lots of kisses!

Last edited by Kasssy on Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
rebaann

Total Posts: 192

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go, Kim!! You rock, babe.

atwistedlime

Total Posts: 398

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Way to go Kim! You totally deserved this. You are such an inspiration! Very Happy

Leslie

Marathon runners don't worry about the conditions, they just run anyway
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kim, I'm so excited for you! You totally deserve it, girl! I hope to be like you! And a shout out to my other buddies who lost weight on the challenge, too. You guys are the best!

~Sara
Why Weight

Total Posts: 365

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy Way to Go Kim Very Happy
Atay123

Total Posts: 50

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Kim. You derserved it. Keep up the good work!
fittara

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:52 pm    Post subject: WOW!! Reply with quote

What an amazingly inspiring narrative! Congrats, Kim! That is so awesome and you've inspired me so much with your words and accomplishments. It sounds like you really deserved the win. I cannot WAIT for the summer challenge! I am DEFINITELY in!

~ Tara
:YeNNi:

Total Posts: 170

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You absolutely deserve the win Kim!! You are always so upbeat and a great inspiration to everyone on here. Congratulations!!

and... congratulations to everyone else for FINISHING the challenge all together haha! to those that lost, or didn't gain, we should all be proud to still be here fighting Smile

"Motivation is what gets you started, habit is what keeps you going"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Our Challenges and Successes Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com