How much cardio?     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!
Goto page Previous  1, 2  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cmwood

Total Posts: 1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 4:01 am    Post subject: cardio Reply with quote

Hi!

I am 53, about 230 lbs at 5' 11". I've been lifting weights for 25 years, but I need to lose some weight. Since I work graveyard shift I can workout only every other day. My current workout is 1-2 sets of 8-12 reps of multi joint exercises, keeping everything to under 60 minutes (including 10 min cardio warmup and 10 min cardio cooldown). On alternating days I do steady state cardio for about 60 minutes (120-136 bpm), including cooldown. I am familiar with interval training, but I don't want to do that plus weight training--that always leads to lethargy. Question is am I doing enough cardio? Too much or too little? Any comments are appreciated. Thanks!
svanjicki

Total Posts: 179

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't overdo it...I think you can exercise too much, and I've heard that it doesn't even do any good after awhile. I generally do about 45 min. on the treadmill, starting slow and increasing my speed throughout. It's also good to increase your incline.

~Sara

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> Fitness Fun - Tips and Discussion Page 2 of 2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com