Motivation Ideas     New User?   Already a member?  Log in!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
KellyTyo

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2004 2:51 am    Post subject: Motivation Ideas Reply with quote

Hi my name is Kelly,
Back in May I started working out, I never go to the gym so I started my own little workout. In one week I lost 5 lbs.... Then I moved in with my boyfriend first week of June, and just felt embarrassed about working out so I stopped and I gained those 5 lbs back plus some. I started working a hectic job in September as a Office Assistant/Accounts Receivables Rep and I'm constently on the computer for 9 hours a day, and just as I was getting motivated to workout again, Work killed it. I come home and I'm just to tired to do anything.

I get up at 5 am, sometimes 6 am to get ready, then leave at 7 to get to work at 8am, I start work, I work on invoicing and sometimes I have to go to some of the estimators, so I do a little walking but not enough to really call it excersize, then I go to lunch around 1:30pm and come back at 2, then I get off work at 5pm.. and I don't get home till 6. When I walk through the door all I want to do is relax. Then I go to bed around 8-9 sometimes 10 or 11pm.

So my question is, what can I do to motivate myself to workout before or after work? I need to lose about 55 lbs, and I can't do that if I'm tired all the time.

Thank in advanced
Kels
MAGGIEMAE

Total Posts: 741

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:18 am    Post subject: MOTIVATION Reply with quote

Hi Kels, Here are two things I have tried in the past to motivate me: 1. I vowed to pay my kids $1.00 every day that I did not exercise! 2. I purchased subliminal "love to exercise" hypnosis cd's to listen to while I fall asleep.It sounds like you have energy problems more than motivation problems. That has been a trouble spot for me. I would come home from work (teaching) and sleep for two hours! On weekends, I would take three hour naps! However, since I have followed my diet.com menu plan I have more energy. For me, it may be because I am eating less sugar and more fiber and protein which keeps energy levels up.What has made a big difference also is eating something every four hours! My energy level does not dip as low as it used to. Take a look at what and when you eat and see if this might be one area to focus on. If your energy is up, you don't have to worry so much about motivation.
Good luck, Maggiemae
TPOST141

Total Posts: 6

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: MOTIVATION Reply with quote

YOU SOUND REALLY BUSY. MY QUESTION IS WHAT CHANGED BETWEEN MOVING IN WITH THE MAN AND LIVING BY YOURSELF?? OFTEN WE SEEK TO PLEASE OTHERS AROUND US FIRST AND PUT OURSELVES LAST. MY SUGGESTION IS TO SET YOUR PRIORITIES. ARIENT YOU IMPORTANT ENOUGH TO BE NUMBER ONE? YOU MUST REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT. TRY DOING LITTLE THINGS LIKE INSTEAD OF TRYING FOR A 30 MIN OR HOUR WORK OUT. TRY FOR A 10 MIN. FIND SOMETHING YOU LIKE TO DO. DID YOU KNOW IT TAKES ABOUT 21 DAYS TO MAKE OR BREAK ANY HABIT? MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO EXERCISE 10 MIN A DAY IF IT WAS A DOCTORS APPOINTMENT WOULDNT YOU KEEP IT? KEEP A JOURNAL OF WHY YOU DO OR DONT EXERCISE IT MIGHT SURPRISE YOU. WHATEVER JOB THERE IS TO DO CAN WAIT 10 MIN IT WILL STILL BE THERE WAITING SO PUT YOURSELF FIRST. KEEP TELLING YOURSELF ITS ALWAYS TOO SOON TO QUIT. DONT SETTLE FOR BEING ANYTHING LESS THAN NO 1 TO YOURSELF. GOOD LUCK
supagrl

Total Posts: 3

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even little things like taking the stairs more often or exercising on weekends. I took up a group sport (hockey) which gets played on weekends and that is cool. Yoga is also relaxing and not to full on.
TrueBlueFriend

Total Posts: 33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 4:53 am    Post subject: Got a few minutes? It's all you need! Reply with quote

Hi Kelly,

I felt just like you do...up until recently. I have a busy day too and work LOTS of overtime at a stressful but physically inactive management job...and by the time I got home I was brain dead and drained. Here's what I decided to do:

As a manager I know the importance of time management. Today I asked myself why I never seem to find time for exercise...and I decided to use my time management skills to fit exercise into my daily schedule. We all have 5 minutes out of every hour to spare, like the "5-minute manager" principle. What if we all use 5 minutes out of every hour to exercise? Get up from your desk and walk briskly for five minutes...turn on some music and dance like no one's watching for five minutes...get on that (unused) exercise bike for five minutes...BUT DO IT EVERY HOUR YOU CAN! Every day!

What will the results be? Plenty of exercise every day...but easy to fit into a busy schedule!

I followed this one day and kept track of my exercise "5 every 55" plan...by the end of the day I had exercised over an hour...and not once did I feel tired out or pressed to fit it in to my busy day...it was easy!

It may not be as heart healthy as getting our exercise all at once, since we may not get our heart rates up, but at least you'll be exercising! Very Happy

Getting exercise will also start to give you more energy, and the natural endorphins will make you feel better! It will get easier and easier...you just need 5 minutes to get started!

Good luck...hope you get motivated!

TrueBlue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    View all forums -> 25 to 50 Pounds to Lose Page 1 of 1

Not a member yet?    Already a member?

SEARCH:   Web diet.com